Catfish in March

Anderoo

I'm fishing a club lake on the last weekend of the season that holds a lot of cats - they come out regularly in the summer (not to me though :( ) but has anyone here caught or heard of a cat being caught that early in the year? My instinct is to forget it and fish for the carp, but if there's a chance I'll stick a cat rod out and hope for the best.

Any views? I suppose it will depend on the weather, but even so it's probably too early in the year... ;)

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

blimey cats are getting to such a size now will enterprising airbed manufacturers be using green rubber and charging 4 times the price of the camping ones

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I've had cats in April on a Tiger Nut Pop Up no less, I have to admit I wasn't fishing for it though :rolleyes: But I'd definatley stick a Cat rod out, and for bait I'd use a Halbut Pellet with a couple of Lob Worms on the hook, if your spodding get some dead maggots with 6mm Halibut Pellets and chopped worm.

You never know what might happen, Hey nothing lost and maybe all to gain :)

good Luck

Bankside