? Fishing Test

nursejudy

I missed this - is there any real weight to these claims in the AT or just is it another story? I mean, is it really being taken seriously at 'national level'?

My tuppence worth is that it's laudable to want to ensure we all have the correct skills/outlook to be able to enjoy our hobby without causing damage to the environment, but it won't work in practice. I can see how a fishery owner could implement a mini scheme local to their water (similar to having to but their pellets, etc.) but that's about as far as I can see it going. Rivers will remain the last stronghold of the free! :sun:

Too true, it might bring more anglers back to the rivers, and the demise of some of the over stocked puddles, where in some cases fish welfare comes way down the list.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good point steve, could the licensing of anglers lead to the privelge being taken away from those who dont deserve it in the eyes of local governments. and i suppose it could be made extra tough by the anti's getting there foot in it.

also there is generally too much paperwork in life, can get too stressful, and fishing is supposed to be the ultimate stress relief.

Would this test apply to the sea anglers also?

I don't think it would go down too well with them. IMO the whole idea would turn into another way of squeezing hard earned money out of your pocket. It is up to the individual to seek help of their own accord by either asking on a forum such as this or going to the tackle shops, asking other fishermen etc etc.

Tigger.

Four pages!!!! excellent ...still on topic,and still nice and friendly :clap2::clap:

Just had a thought what about the fly fishing fraternity they will have to be included ,cannot see that going down very well on the sporting estates!!

I'm an NVQ assessor and internal verifier perhaps i could have a change of career

judith

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

• 2 months later...

just read this having seen the recent thread on angel of the north.

I'd be interested in Bruno's input as Bruno had a lot of input in the original planning and stocking of the waters.

As to passing a coarse in three months........why not .....Ann is a shrewed business woman and has succesfully run previous businesses, she's therefor far from thick and should be able to pick up ideas quickly................unless the skill which is examined is in reading waters sensing the weather feeling the moment...in other words watercraft.....which I doubt, then hard study and serious effort should allow a person to learn many skills in a short time, sufficient to pass a test.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

I'm glad you've posted this up Phil as it reinforces my questions to the poster of the other thread and answers some of the questions I raised at the beginning of this.

As previously stated at the beginning of this and my guarded response to the other I don't want to start or get bogged down in any AON slanging match as witnessed on maggotdrowners or the other one you use N-E Fishing where page after page turned into a slanging match on the various merits and disadvantages of fishing at AON

However it is prudent to be wary of any coach in any sport or profession that can go from complete novice to qualified coach in 3 months, who is then in a position to offer paid advice and tuition to those who are prepared to pay for it.

It is also a sad reflection of the PAA badge holders that this is something that they allowed to happen as prior to being a coach in any given sport the person seeking the badge should be able to demonstrate a high level of proficiency to start with. The question to be asked is could a complete novice demonstrate that.

Theory tests within three months should'nt present a problem for the most committed of newcomers but the practical skill needed to demonstrate to someone else how to engage your particular sport is beyond most, especially when the three month time frame is considered.

It is with caution that I always greet questions on AON because of the crap that I've seen written elsewhere as I would prefer it not to spread here. As someone who does'nt fish commercial ponds I have no axe to grind with this particular fishery but to all those who slagg it off without fishing it I would say try it first and then offer up your own comments as first hand experience