type of fish

newtofishing

Yes fished it yesterday.No crayfish or Pike in there.Would not of thought Perch would do it, so either your line is naff or you were catching a snag maybe one of the submerged platforms.What peg were you fishing?. Just a question what was you using 10lb line for you are not one of them crap carp anglers are you. :)

I catch whatever is availible(aint picky), I increased to 10 lbs to see if it if that would work

Yes fished it yesterday.No crayfish or Pike in there.Would not of thought Perch would do it, so either your line is naff or you were catching a snag maybe one of the submerged platforms.What peg were you fishing?. Just a question what was you using 10lb line for you are not one of them crap carp anglers are you. :)

I catch whatever is availible(aint picky), I increased to 10 lbs to see if it if that would work. Thanks for all your comments, since I was casting in the same spot my guess is I was snagging on something like an underwater platform. Thanks for the advice, have you got any tips for fishing there.

To put enough pressure on a 10lb line to break it, takes some doing.

It sounds like you are getting a bend in the rod before the line goes. To me it sounds like either your line is weak (through age or bad storage), your knots aren't up to scratch (it depends on where the line breaks), there is something sharp where you are fishing (mussel shells, sharp gravel, sharp snag or similar), something to weaken the line enough so it breaks under some pressure.

You said going up to 15lb line "seemed to work". Does that mean you started landing fish on that line? If so, what fish were they?

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

It sounds like you are getting a bend in the rod before the line goes. To me it sounds like either your line is weak (through age or bad storage), your knots aren't up to scratch (it depends on where the line breaks), there is something sharp where you are fishing (mussel shells, sharp gravel, sharp snag or similar), something to weaken the line enough so it breaks under some pressure.

You said going up to 15lb line "seemed to work". Does that mean you started landing fish on that line? If so, what fish were they?

John.

the reason that we went up to a 15lb line is because we were stumped, my uncle has been fishing for years abd a brilliant angler. On the 15lb the line didnt snap but the fish incredibly quickly went into some under branches , rock. I really have no idea, and by the time we managed to get the line untangled the fish was gone.

Thinking of selling this to the makers of scooby doo :-D

John.

It also seemed to be the sane fish that wasnt scared of thevwidth of the line, it just went for it.

John.

It also seemed to be the same fish that wasnt scared of thevwidth of the line, it just went for it.