Photo Challenge #7: Architecture

paul mc

Great shots all!!!

Not sure what happened to your pic TubularBelle....hapens to me quite often but i normally have a play with resizing and stuff to sort it out.....shame you didn't have the time to sort that one out cause it looks a nice shot :)

also what happened to nursejudy pic.....seems a few people are having problems with photobucket?? was the pic there before or did it not show at all? hope it was there before and someone see it as i expect you can put it back on?

oh and i just noticed i didn't put a title on my first pic........stupid boy!! lol

cheers all and good luck :thumbs:

I look forward to voting :)

Had a problem with photobucket recently, it was my falt, not selecting the right option of the 3, select 'IMG', I was also sometimes selecting the 'cut' option rather than 'copy', then use back arrow to get back to my post.

No expert, but this was my experience?

:ph34r: CJS2

Edited by CJS2

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me why my Conservatory photo came out so small, I set it at 700 on the longest side to get it as big as possible but it came out this size and was three minutes to midnight so I didn't have time to try again. (Was actually 10:30 am Sunday here, got some great pics this morning and wanted to replace both of mine but the clock got the better of me). Good Luck everyone!

I was having the same problems with mine, and posted for help, http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=60065

check the replies, its worked for me but i had to delete in photbucket then resubmit then edit post etc, and i'm quite a computor dummy, but keen. Hope this helps

Cameraman

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

A Load of Balls

balls.jpg

(not sure if this is classed as architecture, but it's all I've got :huh: )

by Cliff Raby

Exif watsit

Date/Time: 2006:02:28 14:40:09

Resolution: 671 x 700

Flash used: No

Focal length: 75.0mm (35mm equivalent: 112mm)

Exposure time: 0.0005 s (1/2000)

Aperture: f/7.1

ISO equiv.: 200

hey rabs where's the location of that pic? might just be me thinking of somewhere else but i'm sure i recognise that big shinny ball hmmmm :g:

ta

hey rabs where's the location of that pic? might just be me thinking of somewhere else but i'm sure i recognise that big shinny ball hmmmm :g:

ta

It's taken in my home town of Blackpool BM.

I have to say I'm a bit surprised to see it's made the final three :huh: , I only entered it 'cos I'd not got anything else to submit & wasn't convinced it's really classed as architecture?

My vote has gone to Mr Randles "Something old Something New".

My personal favourite was Ayjays Hotel Jackdaw (I don't understand the meaning of the title though?) & I think Sooz78's entry cries out Architecture, although I think the image needs rotating a couple of degrees counter clockwise to get it perpendicular.

Good luck all.

I have to say I'm a bit surprised to see it's made the final three :huh: , I only entered it 'cos I'd not got anything else to submit & wasn't convinced it's really classed as architecture?

My vote has gone to Mr Randles "Something old Something New".

My personal favourite was Ayjays Hotel Jackdaw (I don't understand the meaning of the title though?) & I think Sooz78's entry cries out Architecture, although I think the image needs rotating a couple of degrees counter clockwise to get it perpendicular.

Good luck all.

To me anything that has been designed then built/erected is architecture wether they be artistic or comercial,some of the most intersting building or structures are more from the imagination than for practicality imo ,like i said before it was verry hard to pick three

Hellbellys and ajays where also verry apealling but i could only pick 3 :(

Regards Paul Mc

ahhh i seeeeee, cheers ;)

last time i was in blackpool was about 8 years ago, not sure if it that shinny ball was there then..

it's probably me.. there's a similar thing at barry island south wales, it's all flooding back to me now hehehe if i can remember the one in barry's at ground level with a statue of a man, his hands aside his face staring into the ball.. kinda weird

love the piccy tho fella & good luck to all the entries :D

bo- selekta!

My personal favourite was Ayjays Hotel Jackdaw (I don't understand the meaning of the title though?)

Glad you liked it rabster.

It's actually the remains of a tithe barn on Lord Montague's estate (Beaulieu)

Hundreds of Jackdaws roost on there, it's about the nearest thing to a cliff in Hampshire for miles around. I had meant to edit my post to explain that, but never got around to it. You can see two Jackdaws flying in the pic.

Most of my competition pics are taken when I'm birdwatching, my other entry is part of the old saltworks buildings at Keyhaven, could probably do a complete portfolio of that one.

Here's a look at the whole thing (the saltworks, not the tithe barn)

portf16me.jpg