Match Aerial wanted

Might be worth watching Nic- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181472255798&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:3160 Paints not original (by the look of it but still might be what your looking for)

That's an early Crouch replica which has been given a lick of paint and modified with a longer reel foot mounting. Provided it spins freely it'll still be very usable despite the 'restoration' so could be a bargain if it stays below £50.

Long Trotter - Original MA's with most of their paint sell for about £180 but you can get really shabby looking examples which perform just as well for a lot less. With these reels how it looks doesn't matter.

• Like 1

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Ive brought a lot of MA's off Ebay in recent years. A lot are "tarted up" but frankly despite looking nice very poor runners. As such it makes me wonder if this is indeed why they have been sprayed up! Most I get in are pretty ropey but most can (if you know how) be sorted. BEWARE though of all the "easy fix" or "spare can be brought for a few bob from Gary Mills" type adverts! simply not true in nearly ALL cases! Gary has very few spares left (ratchet knobs etc) and I believe any he has got are in reserve for his own renovations! and who can blame him! Quite simply if theses "easy fixes" were so easy and these bits got "for a few bob" why hasn't the seller done so and added a lot of value? Aint rocket science!

The "Pin Snobs" look down their noses at the Crouch models but I've found a lot (for the price) to be better buys (for using) than most of the true MA's. However I've had some great buys on some MA's that have needed very little work and despite having next to no paint left have turned out to be crackers after just a quick wipe and drop of oil!

But although I hate to admit it for just fishing a used Okuma Aventa Pro is probably the best bet! BUT anyone who spends £150- £180 on a Bewick, Swallow or similar when they can get a half decent MA needs their bumps feeling!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Not pretty but all run sweet and totally usable. Tommorow will take a few pics of top end "collectors" models and "Done up dogs" to show you what I mean" LOL As Rusty said for a good "collectors" with the bulk of it ORIGINAL paint and running true (but not necessarily perfect!) £180 is about right (although Ive see them go for a lot more if perfect and with box/papers etc) "Done up Dogs" seem to be all around the £120 mark, I think because they appeal to those who don't really know much about them! £75 seems to be the bottom line but unless very lucky work needs to be done.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Worms, our Nick does a lovely job replicating these reels from scratch.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

We nock "workers" like these out for £100 delivered all week long and cant get enough

£100 for one of those, Budgie? I thought maybe £50 tops, shows how far I'm out of touch.

The bottom left in your pic looks just like my 46yr old one. Only thing I've done in all that time is replace the drag adjustment spoke and nut, supplied by Andy, (jiqotai). I've recently broken the flaming knob on the ratchet, so I'm looking for something suitable to use. I'm never bothered how the thing looks, just so long as everything works ok.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John