Severe Cramp!

Spur-Hound

When I was younger and living in the tropics of North Queensland, I spent the evening energetically dancing in a club, with sweat pouring from me most ot the evening.

I went home and to bed.

The huge head of a tiger bit deep into my calf muscle as I woke up screaming.

I tried to get out of bed, but my leg collapsed under me.

I looked around, there was no sign of the tiger, but my calf muscle was knotted into a hard lump.

I've often had cramp in my calf since then, but never ever that bad, I was in agony!

I used to follow the old advice of massaging a cramped muscle, but I've since discovered that pulling the leg up to reach with my hands, only allows the muscle to knot up more.

Instead, slowly straightening and stretching the leg out seems to make the knotting go away.

(I seem to get it most if I've been doing a lot of hard cycling, then I'm forced to take a rest, through bad weather or illness, for several days).

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Without going into too much detail about my personal health, I can tell you I have suffered similar problems, I had a private consultation, ( because my GP was not sure) I had some blood tests taken and everything was OK except it revealed l do not absorb Folic acid very well, so , I take a supplement of one a day in the form of a tablet, after a few days the symptoms disappeared and have not returned, so it could be that it is a dietary thing, I suggest a few simple blood tests are in order.

I would like to point out I am not medically trained and take no responsibility for my comments.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]