What Angling Times wrote...

Bob Bradford

Thanks for your reply waterman, but you did not answer the most important question I asked;

" I will concede though that having been a participant on this forum for a number of weeks, that you are having to represent a deeply entrenched and retarded clientèle, so for that you have my sympathy, regards Bob.

:bigemo_harabe_net-163: love it .....get the tin hat on Bob they gonna linch ya..... :D

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I am a member of the SAA, and therefore, by association a member of FACT, I am therefore a member of the 'retarded clientel' that Bobs talks of. Thanks Bob, I love you too!!! Not a good idea that, Bob, shooting your allies is not good, they don't like it up 'em.

So anglers in general are "retarded" then are they Bob?

Would that be because they might hold a different opinion to you?

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Trying to get this back on topic :lol: . There is only a point to a protest if there is a reasonable chance that someone will listen to it. In this case i cannot see how not buying your licence for two weeks or not going fishing for that period of time is going to even be listened to by those in authority let alone anyone doing anything about the concerns. As For keith Arthur well i enjoy his programme when i catch it but he is only one person why should he weild a disproportionate amount of influence over how fishing should develop or on enviormental concerns. Surely FACT was bought together to represent the dispraite group of people who enjoy recreational fishing and it is to them we should look to represent concerns to those in authority. I for one will not be joining in Mr Authurs protest as i can't see how it will make a difference and i am not sure that i am in complete sympathy with its aims. That is my right sorry if you disagree with my view but there it is.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Unbelievable.......!! And the man has aspirations to become involved in angling politics.

Paul

New code,BB= 0IQ

Not sure that us anglers can work this out.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

New code,BB= 0IQ

Not sure that us anglers can work this out.

Now, now, lets not start with personal insults. Leave that to those who can't sustain a debate.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Bob you have had your questions anawered, but you still have not (avoided ?) answered mine

1)What about the removal of say dace or roach as bait ? An 8 or 9" roach could well be a mature/breeding stock fish. Would that be banned ?

2) Do predators count in terms of "removal" , ie netting out zander/pike ?

Next, a personal opinion based on what I have read and heard from Keith Arthur. He is the LAST person I want representing me or my sport. I am sure I am not the only 1 who thinks this. Could we not have an AN survey on this.Might well be interesting. Who should we have ? Bob James? John Wilson? Martin James ?

Lastly....the proposed non payment etc...just going to make the situation worse. The Ea needs every penny.This is from someone who doesn't have to buy 1, (live in Scotland) but would (and have done when in England). The campaign is a non starter.

I agree something has to be done but not purchasing a licence isn`t the way to go.The only people it would effect is ourselves,which is a tad stupid,dont you think.The best way to gain attention,is through an organised march in central london.There is power in numbers,and always will be.Any march in central London,is bound to attract the national press,and better still the TV.

I`m sure Mr Keith Arthur is an accomplished angler,and is highly regarded by some,personally i do not think he is an influential spokesman,he is extremly arguementitive when someone else has a different opinion,he is completely "one-sided" ..and no other river seems to matter apart from the Thames!!!!!. :wallbash:

But Keith Arthur has also missed a big point [very conveniently] regarding the licence issue...which seems ironic considering.......Thames Water has the largest number of licence dodgers in the WHOLE country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

"Dont **** in the pool,and then tell me you"ve swallowed some water".