What Angling Times wrote...

Bob Bradford

Aparently most of the barble have been eaten from the Coppermill stream in Waltham stow. Has anyone else heard about this?

Has someone been illegally stocking with piranna now?

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well worth thinking about its great fun!, then you can learn about the BMP and all write letters for the next consortation.

gozzer Today, 09:31 PM Post #81

Group: Members

Member No.: 8,097

QUOTE(sam-cox @ Feb 23 2006, 09:20 PM)

Aparently most of the barble have been eaten from the Coppermill stream in Waltham stow. Has anyone else heard about this?

Has someone been illegally stocking with piranna now?

No mate foreign people have eaten them for their tea!

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Well worth thinking about its great fun!, then you can learn about the BMP and all write letters for the next consortation.

No mate foreign people have eaten them for their tea!

Sam, I'm sorry mate I didn't understand what most of your post was on about, could you please explain.

As for people eating them. Did you see them taken? Were they taken legally, if not, did you report it? If not, why not?

I have an old Mrs Beeton cook book, and according to her they don't make good eating, so if they did eat them, they probably didn't enjoy them.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Whilst a two week delay in renewing your licence won't achieve anything in real terms, it will be enough to make someone sit up and take notice. There will be someone, somewhere that will wonder why the expected £23.5 million hasn't turned up on the 1st April. It will highlight a problem. That's what gives anglers a voice. That is the way that we can have our say.

Not wishing to get political, but remember what one black woman in America started by simply not giving up her seat on a bus? What you actually do as a protest isn't as important as the fact that you've made a protest.

To do nothing is to let everything carry on as before.

Great post Steve and bang on the money!

Mark Barrett, I am pretty sure I have heard of you, have you phoned in to Keith's show? are you one of the local lads that have set up a watch scheme? please PM me, we need to talk.

Trent Barbeller, another very good post with a lot of common sense in the content, although I disagree with some of it.

Gozzer, you are still asking for proof that fish are being taken from our natural stock, yet you yourself have admitted taking some! how much evidence do you need? Do you think you are alone?

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

Gozzer, you are still asking for proof that fish are being taken from our natural stock, yet you yourself have admitted taking some! how much evidence do you need? Do you think you are alone?

Yes Bob I have said I do and will continue to take the odd fish.

But the way you are going on about it, you make it appear that fish are being taken away in lorry loads. This may make eye-catching headlines in certain journals, but I for one do not believe it is happening on this scale, and until someone provides me with proof, I will continue to disbelieve it.

Well gozzer it is your right on both counts, all I am saying is , if anglers stopped taking fish it would make a difference, but on that we will have to agree to disagree for the time being.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

Well gozzer it is your right on both counts, all I am saying is , if anglers stopped taking fish it would make a difference, but on that we will have to agree to disagree for the time being.

OK Bob, Heres to the next time. Cheers.

Now theres a thought Bass and mullet, worth thinking about :fish:

So long as the dreaded "immigrants" don't try catching those too; that will really confuse them, what with some anglers counting one or both species as sacred cows, Rick Stein cooking both on the telly and *minimum* size limits in force for sea fish.

What would be the ruling on taking undersized bass for pikebait? (Runs for cover...) :D

So as a fisherman you are asking all other fishermen not to take any fish they catch and also to report anyone they see taking fish.

How stupid is this going to make us look to the non angling public who already see us as excentric anyway.

If no-one goes fishing for two weeks who is going to see the loads of fish being taken?

The only taking of fish I have known of locally is where a few fools were moving carp and tench from one water to another, not including the local trout water.

Mark