Zander fish-in - October

Anderoo

Excellent Anderoo, thanks.

Plenty of notice to buy the right gear, I feel like treating myself. It’s about 2 ½ hours from me so would probably look into staying somewhere the night before, this place is near Rutland and looks ok (would there be time for breakfast before fishing?);

http://www.barnsdalehotel.co.uk/

As regards the gear can I be lazy and just ask what I need to get to save me trawling back through threads?

Breakfast before fishing see I told you it`s food already at the formost of his thoughts ,jeeez mate I clicked on the link for a room nearly fell off the boat I did

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

We will be rather at the mercy of the weather once the boats are booked - the worst thing is high winds. Once the wind is up to 18mph they don't let you out as it's too rough. So I just want to flag that this is possible. However we will know the forecast the day before and if it looks bad we can cancel without losing any money or doing the drive for nothing. So it might be an idea to have a backup date too, just in case.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I'll start a list of names on the first post, it would be useful to know of any days that aren't possible for any of you - cheers.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Bit late in the day, but is anyone wants to give the Lower Severn a bash, maybe next season there are some big 'Z's' to be had, and it's all 'free' well almost just 50p a day to the local rowing club lawns. Very prolific stretch.

Matthew, added! OTIB, just sent you a PM and agree with Budgie, plenty of time for another :)

My little Mitchell Avocet Gold has a spare spool with 110 yards of 0.22mm line capacity. 10lb Power Pro is 0.13mm so even taking into account advertising lies the reel should be ok do you think? Do the fish 'run' anywhere?

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

The boats are pretty good mat, they do move about a bit in a big wind but they're stable enough. I'll try to find out how big they are. But Rutland is a big expanse of water (biggest man-made reservoir in Europe!) so it can and does get choppy.

Rusty you don't need much line so I expect that'll be fine. The deepest you normally find fish is about 70ft and often it's more like 40-60ft, which is only about 20-30 yards. As you're fishing vertically there's no casting, although can also cast around if you like. I put about 75 yards of braid onto my jigging reels and only ever really use half that.