Zander fish-in - October

Anderoo

The fish don't run, you might occasionally have to give a bit of line but most of the fish are pretty small so it's normally a case of just bringing them up from the depths.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Matthew, added! OTIB, just sent you a PM and agree with Budgie, plenty of time for another :)

That's good, just let me know when you might want to come, of course when the rowing club have meets then access is limited so I will need to know in advance when you might come. There is a fall back location which is an EA stretch just up river (Uckinghall), so 'free' but the fish are not snobs :P It is a longish stretch that has newish big platforms to stretch out on. It's really rural and quiet here, parking is good adjacent to the river, so you could over night if you wish. Of course we have the WA, Teme and the mighty little Arrow all close by if some want a different experience.

• Like 1

Matt don't worry they are stable boats. I know where your coming from though as some boats just aint good for us "larger" guys! OTIB I used to do a LOT of fishing for BIG Zeds but not done so for many years now, partly due to the fact I had a long period of poor health that some what limited me but also due to having been lucky to have experienced some very big Zed fishing with a small group of mates much else was a let down. The Severn though has long attracted me (since Armstrong's lump) so would be most interested in coming up with a few of the regulars for a go.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I'd like to go as long as it's not half term week as I can't get away that week. Not sure what gear I need but I'm sure I'll have something.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Matt don't worry they are stable boats. I know where your coming from though as some boats just aint good for us "larger" guys! OTIB I used to do a LOT of fishing for BIG Zeds but not done so for many years now, partly due to the fact I had a long period of poor health that some what limited me but also due to having been lucky to have experienced some very big Zed fishing with a small group of mates much else was a let down. The Severn though has long attracted me (since Armstrong's lump) so would be most interested in coming up with a few of the regulars for a go.

Probably guaranteed a few fish down here, and possibly the venue at the moment, as I say I don't fish for them but I can see the attraction with Zander. Hope you are on the mend now, and would be great to see how you guys get on down here.

The locations I have suggested are not 'secret' of course, and that's the beauty of the Lower Severn, such a big water that's stuffed full of all species, except the Barbel are not so prolific down this far.

We now have Bottle Nosed Dolphin to keep the Seals company :D

• Like 1

OTIB thanks for the heads-up about this option. If anyone would like to arrange something around there I'm sure some of us would be interested. If so could you start a new topic for it please? Thanks :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

If you are going to spend a day in a boat take and inflateable pile cushion

• Like 1

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/