Zander fish-in - October

Anderoo

If you are going to spend a day in a boat take and inflateable pile cushion

Yes!

Or at least something soft. I use an unhooking mat held down with bungie cords (to stop it blowing away).

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Yes them big old Cobles are good boats to fish from Matt much better than our ones at Wingham. Cushions/boat seats etc are a must but I tend not to take ass much food with me these days......

523239_231359730323138_360338798_n_zps4c

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Ha ha!

As I'll need to book boats for this I think I'll leave it open for a few more days and then try to get it arranged. If others then want to join later we can see if other boats are available.

Can those who have expressed an interest please reply and say whether a weekday is OK or if it has to be a weekend, and any dates in Oct you definitely can't do - thanks.

PS Budgie, do you have a portable fishfinder?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

All of October free at the moment and can do weekdays.

The boats look as if they might be made of combustible material, I'll delete the disposable BBQ from the shopping list.

• Like 1

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Hmm disposable BBQ near a petrol tank over 100ft of water might not be the best idea ;)

(BTW life jackets are provided...!)

PS if you want to get a cheap echo sounder you could get something like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wireless-Fish-Finder-Sonar-Aerial-River-Lake-Sea-/290424787150?pt=UK_SportingGoods_FishingAcces_RL&hash=item439eaa90ce

Or use a smartcast.

Knowing what depth you're fishing over is very useful, especially when it comes to locating more fish once you've found what depth they're at.

Having said that I have fished there before without one and caught plenty but it does mean you're drifting around blind.

Might create an interesting feature to fish to....

I can't do the weekends I mentioned. Basically I can't do the 9th to the 12th or 18th to the 23rd. Sundays are better than Saturdays. I can probably do weekdays exlcudibg above!