Zander fish-in - October

Anderoo

Anderoo - can you confirm the best trace material - I have 13lb fluoro and 15lb soft wire - I recall a post saying that fluoro was OK, but the Rutland website says wire.

Alex, I guess we should swap mobiles - I'll be travelling up from Reading and aim to get there by 7.30am. Be useful to have yours as well and yours Anderoo.

Can PM me

M

Thanks for the reminder rich! My net still stinks!

I wouldn't get too hung up about stinger material, I use any old wire I have to hand.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Matthew flouro is fine as long as you're vertical jigging for zander, but you can use wire if you prefer. I'll pm you my number (Alex isn't on AN but I spoke to him the other day and he'll definitely be there, and will have tackle for you to borrow if you like).

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Also Steve W and Rob, just confirming that I will bring a drogue for you, and rob a reel with suitable braid plus some heavy jig heads courtesy of rich (thanks rich).

• Like 1

All - I'll be phoning the lodge Tuesday afternoon to make sure we're ok weather-wise and updating this topic, so please check in Tuesday evening to check everything's ok. It looks like it might be a bit wet and windy, I think it'll be ok but it's currently saying wind of up to 17mph and gusts of up to 30mph so I want to get confirmation we'll be allowed out before everyone drives all the way there.

I'll pm you all my number too, please let me know if your plans change between now and then, and if you're running late etc on the day. Thanks :)

Me again :rolleyes:

I just called the lodge as I had to cancel a boat for tomorrow and asked about wed. As far as they're concerned there's no problem, they look at several wind and weather sites and take an average, and they think it'll be a lot less windy than the met office forecast. So I'm sure we'll be ok. Also the direction make a big difference, as its a southerly it means it's a lot more sheltered.

The LAS had a fish in there yesterday, not sure yet how they got on, it was very wet yesterday!

Matthew flouro is fine as long as you're vertical jigging for zander, but you can use wire if you prefer. I'll pm you my number (Alex isn't on AN but I spoke to him the other day and he'll definitely be there, and will have tackle for you to borrow if you like).

Hi Anderoo - I think I am well fixed for gear - but thanks. The only thing I don't have is jig heads bigger than 40g. I got a 6' Quantum v jigging rod from Pecheur, already had a nice little Daiwa loaded with 8lb PP, drogue, lures and a boat seat. Hotel booked for Wed night - Just need food and drinks!

Hi chaps

Looking forward to fishing with you on Wednesday. I thought that I had better post so that I make my claim as a contender for the trophy. :sneaky2:

Dave (Vagabond) is busy with preparing the tackle. My role is just food, transport, campsite, boatman........ We will be travelling up to Rutland on Tuesday so will check Tuesday morning that we are not cancelled at that point. If we can't get out on Wednesday we can always go birding!

Norma