Zander fish-in - October

Anderoo

You surreptitiously attach it to the D-ring on the back of your victim's chest waders and then drop it into the current!

I have an image in my head of JV44 wondering what the large bag floating past was moments before being dragged off downstream :D. It's almost worth buying one just for that.

• Like 1

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I have loads of goodies on the way. Andy at the FF has been really helpful by threading the lures and making/attaching the stingers, all I’ll have to do is tie the jig heads to the fluoro on the day. It’s a bit pathetic of me but he knows what he’s doing and I don’t.

Steve W will be joining us at the hotel post event, might be a good time to confirm that everybody’s still going.

Good stuff :) I called Andy today to sort out a jig head order and ended up talking to him for ages! Very interesting and knowledgable guy.

I haven't heard of any cancellations so as far as I know we're all still good to go.

Ps I tie the leader to a small cross lock connector so I can quickly change lures, as I tend to have a load of different jigs made up and ready to go. But others do prefer to tie the leader straight to the jig head. Just personal preference.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I need to call Andy to order some more jig heads and other bits ......last time I called him it cost me a load of dosh worried I am catching zandermania .

I am still going and Matt says he has a business meeting the next day but will join us for a curry/beer after the event so that is 4 for a social .

Fishfider shopping is underway but keep getting tempted by flash models....need to make up mind and buy one .

Some scumbag has knicked my dropshot rod off the roof of the boat but luckily the jig rod was inside....more money

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Once I've got these last few jig heads and stinger trebles I will finally be ready for the autumn. I have no idea how much I've spent but I'm not adding it up ;)

Less than 3 weeks now til they open :)

Edited by Anderoo
  • Like 1

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Fishfider shopping is underway but keep getting tempted by flash models....need to make up mind and buy one .

If it’s going to be regularly used on the kayak and/or the boat then get a posh one, you’ll regret it if you don’t. I can get away with a cheapo (which will probably tell me my bath is 5m deep and full of fish) because I’ll rarely use it.

I've been looking around at posher fishfinders too, hard to justify for the couple of months a year I use it though. But down imaging and colour would be rather nice... and GPS... and wayfaring... and side imaging... and split screen of course... and...

(JV I can show you how I've got mine set up for portable use if that's useful?)