Zander fish-in - October

Anderoo

Just spoke to Alex, who some of you know from Wingham. He'll also be coming for both days :)

I may have misunderstood. If the first date comes off are we still planning to go on the second date?

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Entirely up to everyone Rusty - the boats are booked so we can keep both days, or if you don't want to fish both days you/anyone else don't have to. Nearer the time when I know exactly who's coming I'll just cancel any excess boats. I'll be there both days regardless (weather permitting!).

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I shall be looking forward to following this and reading how you folks get on!

Fingers crossed that the weather is kind to you.

' The "Dandy of the Stream", a veritable Beau Brummell, that is the Perch and well he knows it!' --The Observers's Book of Freshwater Fishes of the British Isles

Visit My Galleries

Not tempted Chris? A bit different from the gentle art of roach fishing but lots of fun :)

(PS the Thames is in excellent shape this year!)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Entirely up to everyone Rusty - the boats are booked so we can keep both days, or if you don't want to fish both days you/anyone else don't have to. Nearer the time when I know exactly who's coming I'll just cancel any excess boats. I'll be there both days regardless (weather permitting!).

Hadn't thought of it that way. I've got the time off work, the hotel's booked for both dates and I'll have bought the hardware...might as well use it.

• Like 1

The answer to this one will be if he catches more/bigger than me Anderoo in which case it will be

Shall we go and have another day afloat Steve 1-0 1-0

Think I may buy the lowerance downscanner turbo,well you only live once 1-0 1-0

Gonna sell the lythe ,well now I fish Rutland 3 mths of the year don't use it 1-0 1-0

Remortgaged the house that swine Androo and kappa got me hooked they did blast them

Sold the house and bought one near the venue Harrisons have gone wonder if you can jig with a surf float

I may well be up for the second date if the above is reversed and I catch and he don`t

• Like 1

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Alex also has fishfinders, so we should now definitely be OK on that front. He also said he's very happy to partner someone who has never done it before and help out - he's the guy who introduced it to me a few years ago and is very good at it, so if there's any friendly rivalry going on (not that I'm sensing any ;) ) it's worth bearing that in mind...!

All my bits arrived today so I'm pretty much ready to go.

For twenty five quid the fishfinder is very well put together, it doesn't feel cheap and nasty. The display is small but all I need it to do is tell me the depth so provided it's reasonably accurate it'll do the job perfectly well. The rod is a bit strange, the top quarter is quite flexible but the rest of it is pretty rigid, it’s as light as a feather so I hope it’s up top the job. Again though it's very well finished and with the reel fitted it balances just in front of the reel fixing, should be easy to hold all day.

I’m glad I asked Andy at the FF to make up the lures, something I wouldn't have relished doing. If anyone wants to see how he’s done the stingers I can post a pic.

Edited by Rusty

The rod is a bit strange, the top quarter is quite flexible but the rest of it is pretty rigid, it’s as light as a feather so I hope it’s up top the job. Again though it's very well finished and with the reel fitted it balances just in front of the reel fixing, should be easy to hold all day.

Sounds ideal! My heavy fox rod is similar a tippy action (although it is stiffer than any of the other rods I have seen), balances just above the real seat.The light weight really does make a difference! The savage gear rod is slight more through action (on account of not being as strong) but the balance is fractionally behind the real seat which makes it a joy to use.

Andrew's new spro rod is different again. More sensitive tip than my fox but stiffens up very quickly. Again the balance is just in front of the reel seat.

With yours what is the handle like in front of the reel seat? Can you hold it above the reel?

Rich

Edited by Kappa