Zander fish-in - October

Anderoo

Hey Rusty,

I've not seen it done and I don't think the wardens would approve and I think it would boat control really tough! I would say 3 in a boat would be fine, especially in the large ones! Each boat has three seats front middle and back (there are probably proper boaty terms).

RE gear you don't need much! Small tackle bag with jigs, lures, fluoro etc. One large net per boat (in case of massive pike). Rod. Bag of food / drink.

RE the net, don't think its been specifically mentioned, we never net Zander. If you haven't caught one before, unlike chub etc they are very wiry, "stiff" and sand papery (a bit like perch I guess) so when they are on their side by the boat you can just lift them out with one hand (unless it's massive). Therefore the net very rarely sees any action!

Rich

Agreed, try to really limit what you bring on board (1 bag each, rod, something to sit on) and 3 in a boat will be fine. 2 is better, but 3 is fine.

If you tie boats together you won't be able to drift/motor properly, and you might get a telling off!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Hi Rob, yes there is a space if you're interested. Do you have portable fishinder and/or drogue? (Not to worry if not.)

I'm lending my spare outfit to Tigger BTW, in case you were hoping to borrow tackle.

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Great I think I can do the 8th.

I should be OK for tackle and I have a smart cast type fishfinder.

I bought a light spinning rod last year that should do and I have 20lb power pro that's the same diameter as 6lb sensor?

Tigger are you up for a car share?

Edited by Rob Ward

Excellent. I can lend you a drogue (assuming JV doesn't need to borrow one any more). 20lb braid will be hard to manage, 10lb or even 8lb would be much better. I think I have little reel with some 10lb PP on I can lend you.

Steve W and Rob want to share a boat then? You can stick close to us and follow the same drifts?