Zander fish-in - October

Anderoo

FWIW I know that the EA electro survey team did the lower Thames recently and the zander they zapped around Hampton court were put back

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

A dilemma. Detailed plans are being finalised, Steve W and JV44 are staying at my place on Tuesday and the question “what’s for dinner and should we have beer” has arisen. We reckon we need to be in the car and on our way by 5:00am so that means being up and about by 4:00am to allow for arguments about the moisturiser, hair gel etc etc.

So…should I take them here for the best real ale experience ever and pick up a curry on the way home or should we stay in with no beer and have a lettuce salad?

http://www.themutton.co.uk

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Early start followed by a day in a boat? I suggest several pints of ale followed by a few cheeky whisky chasers, then an enormous red hot curry.

What could possibly go wrong? :D

• Like 1

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

A couple of interesting things in this short video:

1. It's a good illustration that even if you're on a load of fish, over-working the lure often means it gets ignored

2. The hit right at the end shows how quick the bites can be and the importance of a stinger near the tail (this sort of bite is, I think, more out of aggression/annoyance than feeding behaviour)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ0zc2r4ALY

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Yep, Norma and I watched it. Norma had not read your post and immediately said "that's how not to do it"

We had a demo last week of Andy Lush "fishing" over the counter which taught us a lot, although no zander were caught during the demo :fishing::fishing:

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

A dilemma. Detailed plans are being finalised, Steve W and JV44 are staying at my place on Tuesday and the question “what’s for dinner and should we have beer” has arisen. We reckon we need to be in the car and on our way by 5:00am so that means being up and about by 4:00am to allow for arguments about the moisturiser, hair gel etc etc.

So…should I take them here for the best real ale experience ever and pick up a curry on the way home or should we stay in with no beer and have a lettuce salad?

http://www.themutton.co.uk

Yup - a light snack of cous cous maybe, washed down with sparkling mineral water and an early night would seem appropriate and you'll need to be very strict over bathroom timings with JV44 - you know he'll want to look his best in all the trophy shots.

Having spoken with Steve, I'll be leaving Reading at 5 as well to arrive for 7.30 kick off.

Matt with hair as short as mine bathroom hogging aint an issue but that Rusty bloke now he can be a right diva esp when he is hungry....eat a snickers

• Like 1

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

A couple of interesting things in this short video:

1. It's a good illustration that even if you're on a load of fish, over-working the lure often means it gets ignored

2. The hit right at the end shows how quick the bites can be and the importance of a stinger near the tail (this sort of bite is, I think, more out of aggression/annoyance than feeding behaviour)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ0zc2r4ALY

From what I've gleaned so far the lifting of the lure looks ok (maybe a tad too aggressive) but it's not being lowered down again slowly, it's being left to sink under its own weight.

I can just feel that trophy homing in on my mantlepiece... oh hang on, that's exactly where it is at the moment.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back