Zander fish-in - October

Anderoo

Looking at dates when we're all free, I'm going to suggest the following 2 days:

Wed 8 Oct

Fri 24 Oct

Shout now if these are no good, otherwise I'll book us some boats before the end of the week :)

Booked off

I'm really tempted to put my name down for this :). Problem for me is that I have no experience of this type of fishing and I don't think i've got the set up for the job (can maybe get kitted out but for one sesion it seems a bit daft really). Andrew, how long have we got before the cut off deadline ?

I'm going to book boats probably Friday but I expect there will be spaces nearer the time and we can always book more boats later if we want (assuming some are free). Even as things stand there is one spare boat. So no massive rush really.

Tigger if you want to come and don't want to get any gear just for one day's fishing, I can lend you everything you need. It sounds like everyone else has something suitable.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Thank's Andrew (nice offer), i'll hang fire before I put my name down and ask you to book anything for me. In the mean time if anyone else asks for a loan of your gear let them go before me just incase I can't make it.

I've had a mooch in me tackle and rememberd a small Abu baitcaster reel that i've not used for 10yrs and a salmon spin rod that would most likely be ok for one session. I have some other spinning rods but I think the 11 footer is far to powerfull and to long and my Greys rod is very soft, maybe too soft I think.

That's fine tigger, have a think about it :)

Matthew re your last post, you could probably get by with those rods but I think the 9' is too long to fish with comfortably all day and the sea rod is prob too heavy duty. It's quite a finesse method despite the deep water and quite heavy weights. I know you lost a load of tackle so if you want to share a boat and borrow everything for the day just say.

I think everyone else has suitable gear? If not there's Rich's kind offer to lend out rod(s) and I think I have a little reel with 10lb PP spare too.

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I have my still untested jig rod I bought last year. Looking forward to trying it out. I also have my little reel I use for dropshotting, which should be adequate I think.

Looking at dates when we're all free, I'm going to suggest the following 2 days:

Wed 8 Oct

Fri 24 Oct

Shout now if these are no good, otherwise I'll book us some boats before the end of the week :)

Both ok for me.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back