Sainsbury to stop selling skate and huss.

Steve Coppolo

Yes Stavey,

Nah wurzel, sport anglers are environmental friendly you know, commecial fishermen on the other hand are not.......

Untill they show a gannet tangled in fishing line, dive on a wreck and show cod laying on the bottom with their guts ripped out or tethered to wreck by lost fishing gear, not to mention the crap most of you leave behind on the beaches.

I fish to live and live to fish.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello fishingsfine

Now I just wonder what fish stocks wurzel's skate and huss catching comrads plan to attack next.

Why should we attack another stock?

There is no skate fishery, skate can be renamed roker and 99% of huss come from Canada.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Yes Stavey,

Nah wurzel, sport anglers are environmental friendly you know, commecial fishermen on the other hand are not.......

Untill they show a gannet tangled in fishing line, dive on a wreck and show cod laying on the bottom with their guts ripped out or tethered to wreck by lost fishing gear, not to mention the crap most of you leave behind on the beaches.

Ooops i meant more environmental friendly than commercial fishermen, dont get your knickers in a twist wurzel

for gawds sake :2:

Now i know there are some bad apples in sea angling granted but this will change in time with the right education, it is a shame the same can not be said about your lot though'...........

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

ODD Apples, Surelie you meant unripe pears. Poor ol wurzel does get some sticks of of yous. Gotto remembre that the poor lad only goes to sea to earn a penny for is boonie bairns.

Does you lot ever talk aboot fishing in here or what.

What appened to that other thing you were all talking about. It does Looks like it turned intive an all out war.

I feel that Green peace do not want commercial over fishing to stop, or any other activity that damages the enviroment.

If all distructive activits were to stop the would be no need for Green Peace and they would all be out of jobs!

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

I feel that Green peace do not want commercial over fishing to stop, or any other activity that damages the enviroment.

If all distructive activits were to stop the would be no need for Green Peace and they would all be out of jobs!

The best thing that could be done would to be to remove all the silly quotas, mesh limits etc. and let the commercial guys go out and catch, land and sell wehatever they like, to whover the want. wherever they want to, then when it is all done and there is no fish left we can say 'Told ya so".

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I wonder if this is a result of the recent Greenpeace campaign. It seems popular to knock Greenpeace but they do have some good results

I think a great part of their success is that they do not waste effort and energy in peeing contests with the function they are targetting, as we have seen many times, that kind of approach does not move the argument to anywhere near closure.

Instead they focus on mobilising the people who are likely to support their argument, either through personal commitment, through apapthy or through fear as in the case of politicians and votes, or buisnesses and revenue.

I don't know whether it's pressure from Greenpeace or just wishing to appear "caring". It has happened in other countries. Once people see that certain fish have come from a sustainable fishery by sustainable methods, they will buy them. Up until now, the British public haven't had a choice.

I know it'll raise Wurzel's blood pressure a bit, but I must recommend Charles clover's book, The end of the line, again. He has covered the subject in some detail.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

"I know it'll raise Wurzel's blood pressure a bit, but I must recommend Charles clover's book, The end of the line, again. He has covered the subject in some detail"

I was thinking of getting Peter a signed copy !

Tom :-)

My local chippy now displays posters stating all the fish sold inthis shop come from susstainable fisheries ( iceland etc)

Tom