Online Poll by Fishing News

Leon Roskilly

Fishing News, the weekly paper for commercial fishermen are conducting a poll as to whether the bass mls should be increased to just 40cm instead of 45 cm.

You can cast your vote at:

http://www.fishingnews.co.uk/heighway/home.htm?site=fnw

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote from page 2 Anglers 'hook' government!

"He said the anglers had now become "arrogant" and felt that they could dictate to DEFRA how things should be run.

"We are all stakeholders and we all want bigger fish, but what the anglers don't seem to understand is that the more influence they have and the more fish they catch, the more they will be controlled by DEFRA. Do they really want all the restrictions and controls that the commercial fishermen have to put up with? - because that's what will happen the way they are going."

YES PLEASE and unlike them I'm willing to pay for the License to fish provided there are fish to catch IMHO

Edited by sanctuary

Quote from above

"The more anglers argue for parity of treatment with commercial fishermen and stress the volume of their catches, the more they strengthen the case for the same licensing, catch limitations and strict policing as commercial fishermen.

Is that what fishermen who fish for fun really want?"

Thats exactly what I want and am will to pay a license for, Although I will be paying for my license unlike commercial fishermen who were given thier license. As for strict policing I hope its stricter than what they have been used to in the past.

Try typing 'angling' 'anglers' 'recreational etc into the seach at:

http://www.fishingnews.co.uk/heighway/archive.htm?site=fnw

There are some interesting articles to be read.

(now if only Sea Angler etc paid us as much heed!)

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust