Online Poll by Fishing News

Leon Roskilly

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest @Winter@

They already get off lightly, so they dont really need an excuse.

I consider anything less than drilling the boats full of holes as getting off lightly.

Edited by @Winter@

Have you seen the latest Vote on there http://www.fishingnews.co.uk/heighway/home.htm?site=fnw Re Should there be a switch to on the spot fines for breaking fisheries regulations? I dont know should they or is this a way for them to get off lightly?

:clap2: I'd be in favour of on the spot fines but with penalty points like a driving license, 12 points, confined to port for a year.

They were originally talking about imposing 'administrative penalties' ie reducing quota, days at sea etc which meant that the naughty boys would denied fishing opportunities.

Instead they thought it would be far easier to just fine them.

So, instead of stopping them fishing so hard, they will now have to fish harder to pay the fines.

Although some fishermen are relieved that they won't now risk a criminal record for breaking fishery regulations, there is a concern that with a lesser need to have a cast iron case, the enforcers will slap on a fine at the slightest provocation.

However, they are holding out so that they can choose whether to pay the fine, or go to court.

So, if caught bang to rights, they'll pay up, but if they think that they have a good chance of squirming out of it on some technicality, they can choose to got to court.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Bloody hobbiest off again. Winter tha wouldnt dare say that down Whitby Fish key would ya now. Big John would be drilling holes in you matey.

Well ah daint mind talking about fishing witht rods nd bait but noone else seems to bother. Like ah siad other night thas all always whinging on like our lass when ah spends too long downt pub. Tha all just goes on about howt fishermens have robbed ya of all the fish like they ware your fish. Should all teck up trout fishing. Ah went to that spot Lockwoods beck toother week and its full a fish. shame Mr Normandale cant get a trawler on that spot too.