Devon/Dorset fish meet/match

richi

are we gonna let another thread go astray :rolleyes:

devon/dorset (and who ever! haha joking, dont take it to heart)

what do i do?

where do i go?

venue suggestion = baggy point

look it up

come on richi - organise!!!!!!!!

yeah

iz from North Devon - Prowler 13 - Travel light, keep 'em tight - ooh!

2007 Catches: Sea Trout 3/4 lb,.........

2007 Endeavours: Investigate the estuary

MyFishingKayak.co.uk

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Way to far for alot of us for 1 days fishing.Thats North Devon.Plus Bank holiday weekend.It will Take us about 6 hours to get there :blink:

Edited by Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

If there's enough interest from the Hampshire end then that puts Dorset smack in the middle (not that I'm being lazy or don't like travelling). Wherever you choose, it would be wise to have a reserve venue near by, just in case of bad weather/high seas. Just thought Poole Harbour would fit the bill nicely for the reserve venue.

Yak: OK P13 (yellow)

I hope Speciman and I wouldnt have to take a handicap if it were there :rolleyes:

But seriously poole harbour would be packed with Yaughties that weekend.

The ppl that own yaughts never seem to look forward.They are usually stood at the back of the boat looking towards shore through a pair of Binoculars

zzippy2.gif

Book me down for the Hampshire Team.

Just a thought is it wise to do the Monday as it is usually the madest day of the weekend, mind you where ever it is I'll be setting out in darkness just to make sure I get there before you all return. :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

If it were held in Dorset, Durley Chine, Bournemouth Beach is worth considering. Given thats its a meet with people with different yaks, experience etc that would make a very safe venue. There are life guards all the way along the sea front at that time of year and Durley rock is only a short paddle out. For the more ambitious there are patches of rock/rough ground to fish over at intervals all the way out to Outer Poole Patch (a good 2-3miles offshore where a lot of local boats go). Target species for close inshore would be bream (over 2lbs if we're lucky) mackeral, wrasse and maybe early gurnard. Theres always chance of a bass and plaice can be taken whilst drifting along the shoreline down there. I would be surprised if anyone blanked.

The only problem is that being a bank holiday the beach may be a bit busy when coming back in.

Edited by SpeciMan
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

So happy at all your positive responses .I thought that as it was a bank holiday that the Sunday would be a better bet because us Hampshire boys will probably all have hangovers from celebrating and if it was on Monday we might have to miss the first day back at work---only joking :ph34r: Venue--well the suggestions are going quite well and as there are a few months to the date its best to let it go like that with all venue suggestions welcome---I'm sure given 2 months we can all come to some sort of agreement.Would like to thank Zzippy(since edited) cos I'm sure it was something that he mentioned in a post not long ago that put the idea to mind.Also I would like to add---whether it's a meet or an inter county challenge match it would be a great chance for everyone from this area to meet, you never know there might be an essex team?or a Welsh team -----who knows -----we've got plenty of time to plan and I like the way it's going already---who knows could turn out to be an annual event!hell we might even get press coverage!right I'm off before I get any more carried away!Once again thanks for the responses-I'm sure we'll have a meet to remember :clap:

Edited by richi

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Portland Harbour would be another good venue. There may be windsurfers and sailboats out on that day but we'd probably fish around the perimeter of the harbour near the breakwater entrances and wrecks.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow