New Airflo Ridge Lines - Great or Gimic?

fishfinder

I've been looking at the new Airflo Ridge lines that have just appeared in the shops.

has anyone tried one? If so, what are your opinions? Does it really improve your distance, or is it yet another gimic?

Guest franticfisherman2

have a look here http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=56619

and here http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=59309

We're just waiting for some eejit to buy one!

The latest blurb says "It has phenomenal water retension" and that "Improved floatation ....due to improved water repulsion". How does does it know what to do and when? :blink:

Edited by franticfisherman2

They are no gimic!

Bought my WF8F last week and was extremely pleased with the results. Shoots really well and it will add a bit of f extra distance to a caster with ability.

Only slight negative, was that if its cold it feels a bit to wirey, but once the sun gets up and you get a bit of heat on it, its is subtle enough.

Besides, what line do you get an unconditional 5 year guarantee with???

Only slight negative, was that if its cold it feels a bit to wirey, but once the sun gets up and you get a bit of heat on it, its is subtle enough.

Airflo floaters are always like that the sun does not make too much difference unless it's tropical!

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Guest franticfisherman2

thanks for the info Dougie. I would be interested to know if when the line is cast out onto calm water and left to sit there without retrieving (eg, when fishing a dry fly), does it lie straight or does it start to coil up. Every other Airflo I have had has coiled up making it impossible to strike at a rising fish. :angry:

P.S. You don't work for Airflo do you? ;):lol:

thanks for the info Dougie. I would be interested to know if when the line is cast out onto calm water and left to sit there without retrieving (eg, when fishing a dry fly), does it lie straight or does it start to coil up. Every other Airflo I have had has coiled up making it impossible to strike at a rising fish. :angry:

P.S. You don't work for Airflo do you? ;):lol:

Your first name wouldn't be Angus ? :)

Guest franticfisherman2

afraid I don't know anyone called Angus. the last Airflo i bought was a 40+. It casts a long way because it is about a half-size above the AFTM weight quoted. It is good for pulling wets & lures but useless for slow nymphing and dries. I also don't care much for the very bulky join between the running line and the belly. The 2 cores are overlapped for about 2" before the coating is applied! I could have made a better job myself!

People say that the Airflo sinkers are excellent but of course you can't see what is happening underwater and they are usually pulled back anyway. Given the chance they would probably coil up as well. :rolleyes:

Phil

Don't say that I have just bought two Airflo Tarpon lines for my next Cuba trip.

Mind you when I have used the Airflo lines in Spain and Cuba the heat has made them go nice and limp with none of the usual memory problems.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.