• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was busy Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:18 am :yeah:

Our users have posted a total of 7 articles

We have 4 registered users

The newest registered user is WeeHow

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ]

Most users ever online was 10 on Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:18 am

Registered Users: None

I realy hope this forum doesnt end up looking like that one in a few years!

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Hmm!

The one post (other than informational messages from the site admin) reads:

For sale: Afghan Rugs and tribal clothing (one size fits all).

!!!!

Oh and of the 5 registered users, there is one from Singapore!

I think that Wurzel and Steve (where's he gone?) should pop over for a talk about fishing without being bothered by anglers all of the while ;)

Their response to the bass mls consultation on the home page:

http://www.swwfc.org.uk/guides/

is interesting and should give posters something to talk about.

But remember, it's their place, so behave like good guests and be polite and respectful, as our catching sector friends generally are when they visit us here.

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Since when has 1,450,000 anglers been a minority compared to 1500 commercial vessels.

This is also a revealing statement from there reply "(4): Any subsequent legislation must be, unlike much of the present bass regulations, enforceable." and they accuse us of selling on the black market.

This is also a stupid argument

The environmental effects of recreational sea angling should not be underestimated, i.e. according

to the figure supplied by BASS of 1,450,000 anglers, going fishing once a week will use 725

tonnes of worms (based on 500 grammes per angler) and 400,000 anglers concentrating on Bass

and using the preferred moulting shore crab as bait will use 7,200,000 shore crabs in a year. All

these crabs are collected from the shore with resultant effects on the marine environment.

What do they think we do at the moment fish with hooks and no bait.

I think they are a bit miffed

Since when has 1,450,000 anglers been a minority compared to 1500 commercial vessels.

This is also a revealing statement from there reply "(4): Any subsequent legislation must be, unlike much of the present bass regulations, enforceable." and they accuse us of selling on the black market.

This is also a stupid argument

The environmental effects of recreational sea angling should not be underestimated, i.e. according

to the figure supplied by BASS of 1,450,000 anglers, going fishing once a week will use 725

tonnes of worms (based on 500 grammes per angler) and 400,000 anglers concentrating on Bass

and using the preferred moulting shore crab as bait will use 7,200,000 shore crabs in a year. All

these crabs are collected from the shore with resultant effects on the marine environment.

What do they think we do at the moment fish with hooks and no bait.

I think they are a bit miffed

1,450.000 anglers do not go fishing once per week! A load of absolute rubbish.

There may be that many sea anglers, but not many fish more than a handfull of times per year.

What a ridiculous assumption. Who thinks up this utter claptrap?