Commercial Fishermen's Forum

Hello Maidstonemike

Who thinks up this utter claptrap?

ANGLERS!

er, all of the figures that have been produced regarding the participation and contribution of Recreational Sea Anglers have come not from angling organisations, but from DEFRA, the Welsh Assembly Government, Invest in Fish etc commissioned reports, using independent consultants such as Nautilus Consultants and Drew Associates etc.

Not Anglers!

(Who would believe us, anglers (er fishermen!) are well known for lying and exaggeration, ask our wives!)

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest @Winter@

Steve, you get your peelers cheap down there dont you. The average fee up here is 75p with both tackle shops charging 1 pound a crab for the velvets.

Guest @Winter@

I know you do - But looking at your results lately you dont need them.

The key to it is hard work. Get as many traps in as possible and go crabbing often, and dont take any of this I believe in sharing crap from people who are too lazy to put traps in - You reap what you sow my friend.

When you are working 24--7 when they are peeling its hard to gather the numbers you need ,but with the secret bait peelers i think are no longer needed in the numbers they once were ,but yes worm it fishing well now alot better than they were last year at this time but march is a good worm month.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Guest @Winter@
When you are working 24--7 when they are peeling its hard to gather the numbers you need ,but with the secret bait peelers i think are no longer needed in the numbers they once were ,but yes worm it fishing well now alot better than they were last year at this time but march is a good worm month.

Nearly made me fall off me chair then.

:lol::lol::lol:

2 words Paul - FLEECE BALCONY

If I added a third word it would be LAGER

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by @Winter@

"1,450.000 anglers do not go fishing once per week! A load of absolute rubbish.

There may be that many sea anglers, but not many fish more than a handfull of times per year.

What a ridiculous assumption. Who thinks up this utter claptrap?"

Hmmmm, Can I ask where you get your figures from please.....research I suppose... <_< ...are you using your own fishing trips as a measure ????? :headhurt:

Edited by Norrie

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/