Rocking horse s**t

MICK SMITH39

Remember some old things are now pretty bad to use ,a couple of days ago i caught a guest using a knotted keepnet so i told him to give it back to the member who had leant it to him and chuck the fish straight back in .

And ofcourse i have boxes of hooks the club forbids me to use other than lead splitshot most things will still work fine

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I have been given old rods,reels,alarms,bait droppers etc,sometimes by people I have not even met because they would rather give them to someone who is going to love them and appreciate them and get pleasure out of using them than sell them to someone else.Just today I was sitting there fishing, got the place to myself ,I was using a Edgar sealy black arrow rod and an old Mitchell 300,I have fished this place 6 times now and not had a bite,but who cares,each time I use a different rod/reel,and I can't wait till the next trip,Today some old boy happened to come past and we started chatting when he left he promised me an old Mitchell reel that he has at home,he said I could have it for nothing and he would meet me over .there on Tuesday,I had never seen this bloke before .I can not wait till Tuesday,I had to pack up and go home ,all I can think off is what is this reel like.I am like a little kid at xmas,and long may it last .HAPPY DAYS

Can totally relate to that Mick. Back in the late 80's I had to have a big clear out of gear. Broke my heart but had to be done. No one wanted to give me anything like what I thought my glass rods were worth! They were all top range (in their day) models. I decided instead of letting them go for next to nothing to "bargain hunters" to let them go for nothing to people who would actualy use and appreciate them!

Several of my mates teenagers and other local lads used to help me clean up all my gear at the end if each of my respective seasons so when they were cleaning up all the old ABU, Hardy, B&W, Terry Eustace glass rods I told them to clean the ones they liked best and to give them an extra polish as they were theirs. Done them a favour and made me happier than being mugged off!

For many years I actually used to recommend top quality glass over cheap carbon, I suppose to an extent that still rings true just that as I mentioned before you can get some really usable gear for cheap these days!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I was under the impression these days that carp rods etc were pretty affordable? I recently bought a Daiwa Black Widow carp rod for my brother and I don't think was over 50 notes...lovely slim blank and the action is really nice on it. As for reels good Daiwa regals are always reliable and affordable.

Some stuff in carp fishing is ridiculous though....stainless rod pods for £300 and motorized barrows for £600 and how many bags can you buy for objects...I 'm surprised individual camo hook bags haven't been invented by now! I suppose it's all to do with how people get sucked into thinking they need stuff when really they just want it!

Edited by Neil G

I was under the impression these days that carp rods etc were pretty affordable? I recently bought a Daiwa Black Widow carp rod for my brother and I don't think was over 50 notes...lovely slim blank and the action is really nice on it. As for reels good Daiwa regals are always reliable and affordable.

Some stuff in carp fishing is ridiculous though....stainless rod pods for £300 and motorized barrows for £600 and how many bags can you buy for objects...I 'm surprised individual camo hook bags haven't been invented by now! I suppose it's all to do with how people get sucked into thinking they need stuff when really they just want it!

They only cost that much because fools buy them , if no-one did the price would plummet

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson