Mad! I nearly started swearing !

Guest Ferret1959

Guest Ferret1959

Just down the river and found an unattended rod baited and in the water.

At least 1/2 dozen burly lads on the opposite bank told me to *uck off and mind my own busines.

I didn't want any troble from them so walked away.

Called the police only to be laughed at by a wpc Lynch from Enderby HQ saying that fishing wasn't breaking the law.

I tried to explain the error of her ways but she insisted that no police officers were going to attend the incedent and promply hung up on me.

Well really p1ssed off by now I phone back when I got home and spoke to another chap who was totally the opposite and took all the details, asked me if I had a licence or if I was a bailif, a bit of chit chat then he says he's getting some one down from the local nick and would also reprot it to the EA.

Turns out the pc in a 'real' fisherman and knew the law.

He's a fluff chucker and a strick law abiding angler who backed my complaint.

Good on him. :)

I'm still mad with WPC LYNCH thought and may put in a complaint, is it worth it or will I be wasting my breath?

Just one more thing, who do you call in a case like this?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ferret1959
The duty Inspector at WPC Lynch's nick.

Mike

Cheers Mike.

I just called the EA, the chap didn't know what I was on about.

Explained the 'laws' to him and he said he'd report it to some one local.

He did ask if I wanted a call back on the result of their enquiry but I ain't gonna hold my breath.:(

Guest tigger
Just down the river and found an unattended rod baited and in the water.

At least 1/2 dozen burly lads on the opposite bank told me to *uck off and mind my own busines.

I didn't want any troble from them so walked away.

Called the police only to be laughed at by a wpc Lynch from Enderby HQ saying that fishing wasn't breaking the law.

I tried to explain the error of her ways but she insisted that no police officers were going to attend the incedent and promply hung up on me.

Well really p1ssed off by now I phone back when I got home and spoke to another chap who was totally the opposite and took all the details, asked me if I had a licence or if I was a bailif, a bit of chit chat then he says he's getting some one down from the local nick and would also reprot it to the EA.

Turns out the pc in a 'real' fisherman and knew the law.

He's a fluff chucker and a strick law abiding angler who backed my complaint.

Good on him. :)

I'm still mad with WPC LYNCH thought and may put in a complaint, is it worth it or will I be wasting my breath?

Just one more thing, who do you call in a case like this?

With respect m8, it's not that big a deal. There's no way that the Police will bother looking into it , co's there's nothing to look into. I'd forget it m8

Tigger.

Yes, complain in writing about wpc Lynch. She could do with a lesson in P.R. at the very least.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

I think one of the reasons that this type of thing happens, is because so few people report it. If more people were to contact the police or EA with photos and details, then they would be more aware of the situation, and then more willing to act. I have spoken to local police officers, when reporting damage to my car by local yobs, they said that if people don't report crime then they are not aware of the problem. They can only work on what is reported, the more times a particular crime is reported, and by different people, then the further up the priority list it goes.

Well done for reporting it Ferret, if more people did it then more would be done.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Guest Ferret1959
With respect m8, it's not that big a deal. There's no way that the Police will bother looking into it , co's there's nothing to look into. I'd forget it m8

Tigger.

But it is a big deal to me as a paying license holder.

I also pay council tax which helps pay the police wages.

Why should I be laughed at for reporting law breakers?

When you say there's nothing to look into there is, breaking any law is worth reporting and investigating otherwise the place would fall apart. :(

Folk who let dogs sh1t on public footpaths are next. :angry::angry:

Guest tigger
But it is a big deal to me as a paying license holder.

I also pay council tax which helps pay the police wages.

Why should I be laughed at for reporting law breakers?

When you say there's nothing to look into there is, breaking any law is worth reporting and investigating otherwise the place would fall apart. :(

Folk who let dogs sh1t on public footpaths are next. :angry::angry:

What I mean is to the police it's not a big deal (a fishing rod left unattended).

Yeah I agree with you the woman was totally ignorant laughing at you, but the police arn't interested in petty things and i don't think they would even class this as petty.

Lets face it if you report your house being broken into they don't want to come look. If there is a RTA and no one is injured they arn't interested so why would they bother about an unattended fishing rod?

Tigger.

Edited by tigger

Ferret I totaly agree with you, loutish yobs can be a real pain when fishing. On saturday I fished a local stretch of river, cosing a deap swim by a road bridge. At around 15.00 Wayne slob and his three brat kids arived and started fishing the oposit side of the bridge. The farther slob just kept on belching constantly, the sort of burp one gets after downing a cold pint in summer. His kids relentlessly used extreemly foul language and kept casting heavy waights out time and time again.

They left at about 16.30, just after their car had pulled away rubish started floating from where they had been in to my swim.

This sort of thing is bad but if one keeps moaning one can get the reputation of being a bit of an Victor Meldrew!

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

When you rang to complain you should have told them that one of the unattended rods had a golliwog sitting on the chair by it. They'd have sent the flying squad down.

Mind, it wouldn't have been an unattended rod then I suppose.

Check out my weekly Angling Journal at.....Stewart Bloor's Angling Journal