Mad! I nearly started swearing !

Guest Ferret1959

dave

you did the right thing :thumbs:

sod every one else that can't be bothered :angry:

but i'm with you on this one

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ferret1959

Thanks Les and thanks to all the other messages of support.

They were breaking the law, I reported it surely I was in the right and ignoring it is wrong.

Right that's my last words on the subject............................................for now. :):D

Guest cobra
Get a grip mate, how can you compare that to a fishing rod left unattended?

Quite easily - a fish rod unattended to me means that someone has been distracted by something; your leaving a few hundred quids worth of equipment alone so has to be serious!

Don't think the rods unattended on their own mount to much but - I'd never leave my gear lying around; would you?

Think Ferret was right to call the Police. I'd have done the same thing. They should have at least checked it out.

Guest Brumagem Phil

Dave, why didnt you just lean down and click his baitrunner off? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm with you on this one though.......the police on the whole are lazy sons of bitches, and its about time a zero tolerance attitude was put into force regarding all forms of anti social behaviour (of which this is just one example).

Guest Ferret1959
Dave, why didnt you just lean down and click his baitrunner off? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm with you on this one though.......the police on the whole are lazy sons of bitches, and its about time a zero tolerance attitude was put into force regarding all forms of anti social behaviour (of which this is just one example).

It was cheapo crap with no baitrunner, they left it out with a float for catching live bait.:(

Guest rabbit
Ah Rabbid, you is just having a pull at my plonker ain't ya?

I see the funny side you are showing but where does a problem like this end?

It certainly makes anglers look bad and if laws are being broken without being reported then what chance do we have when the anti's start on wanting to ban fishing?

I do support what you are saying with regard to the behaviour of these people. I get angry at this sort of thing . I too would have said something. The point is when you challenged them regarding their actions,, and they responded with abuse, if you felt you were threatened, then the police would have had a better reason to be involved.

BTW its Rabbit :)

Thanks

Edited by rabbit

Granted these people did wrong, but we can't report every law that we see broken. For example every day thousands upon thousands of motorists break the law by speeding - should each and everyone of those drivers be reported?

Edited by Lid

Ferret,You did right i would have done the same if i had not already booted their gear into the water.

As well as the Police and EA the club or council that control the water should be informed.

People who see crime should report it,it is not about making a judgement crime is crime.

People now commit crime because they can get away with it,they get away with it because no one want to get involved.

Well Ferret more people should act as you did,some of the replies to this topic surprise me to say the least.

:clap::clap::clap:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

These type of threads brings to mind a well known winger, would the real 'Victor Meldrew' stand up :2:

:ph34r:

i'm standing

:clap::clap::clap:

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.