One weekend left

Anderoo

Well, another season's nearly over and there's just one weekend left to make sure you go out with a bang - or maybe a fizz. What's everyone up to?

The weather looks to be getting better this week - south-westerlies, rain and higher temps - and then gets colder again by the weekend (with snow on Sunday :angry: ).

I'm meeting up with an old friend and going to a shallow gravel pit for carp, bream and tench (hopefully), and he's going all out for catfish (no chance in my opinion!). I just hope the lake doesn't freeze and that I don't freeze to death during the night.

Then a couple of after-work chubbing trips on Monday and Tuesday, and that's that - time to dust off the trout gear and hope I can remember how to cast a fly!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm staying home, keeping dry and warm, and watching the Grand Prix !!!

Not being much of a traditionalist I'm waiting a few more weeks for things to warm up a bit then I'm going to get an early start on some spring tenching.

Mat

Edited by Mat Hillman

Mat

Well, another season's nearly over and there's just one weekend left to make sure you go out with a bang - or maybe a fizz. What's everyone up to?

The weather looks to be getting better this week - south-westerlies, rain and higher temps - and then gets colder again by the weekend (with snow on Sunday :angry: ).

I'm meeting up with an old friend and going to a shallow gravel pit for carp, bream and tench (hopefully), and he's going all out for catfish (no chance in my opinion!). I just hope the lake doesn't freeze and that I don't freeze to death during the night.

Then a couple of after-work chubbing trips on Monday and Tuesday, and that's that - time to dust off the trout gear and hope I can remember how to cast a fly!

I dont think the waters round here will have defrosted by the weekend.

We are due a load of rain during most days with temps in the minuses at night.

I may have to go and fish a free area of the Gipping!!!!!!!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I dont think the waters round here will have defrosted by the weekend.

We are due a load of rain during most days with temps in the minuses at night.

I may have to go and fish a free area of the Gipping!!!!!!!!!!!

To the B.Avon at Malmesbury on Friday with an assortment of A.N.'ers for a mini fish-in. (no barbel I gather, so I'll be joining AndrewPI's roach quest ;) ).

Hopefully a luchtime session on the river next Mon or Tue if the weather is decent, then it's the K+A canal for me till June.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Boat in the water, last of the lives and up to the junctions on the Rother for my last river piking session of the season.Been doing this for quite a few years now.Got a couple of more still water pike trips but after that its fluff flinging.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

As Rudd has said most of the still waters are frozen in suffolk.

Went with a weight on a chain and rope to cut a hole to fish in, it bounced :wallbash:

Give it a couple of days and I,ll try again!!

If we get some rain I'll try the Gipping and frday I might take a trip to beccles/bungy to

the waveney.

I've got Friday, Monday and Tuesday off work yippeee!!! So will be hitting the Kennet and K&A canal in search of big perch, chub and dace - weather seems to be improving - can't wait!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Im leaving sunny wales for the weekend and having a weekend on the thames below oxford for a pike or two. Ive had virtually no pike this season, which is annoying, got to have one last gasp attempt!!

good luck to all who try, I would rather try and fail, than sit at home watching TV and also fail!

dave.

Guest rabbit
To the B.Avon at Malmesbury on Friday with an assortment of A.N.'ers for a mini fish-in. (no barbel I gather, so I'll be joining AndrewPI's roach quest ;) ).

Hopefully a luchtime session on the river next Mon or Tue if the weather is decent, then it's the K+A canal for me till June.

Best of luck with the fish-in. dont forget your camera. There are Barbel in Malmesbury Glen, but below Cowbridge (W. Bassett Road) but the club was controlled by AT&T factory nearby, and was for employees only. However the factory has gone so I would be interested to know if the water has changed hands? Perhaps a bit of digging around might help. The stretch(2 fields below the bridge) is probably the best stretch on the Avon. Apart from Dauntsey or Somerford. :)

Edited by rabbit