One weekend left

Anderoo

To the B.Avon at Malmesbury on Friday with an assortment of A.N.'ers for a mini fish-in. (no barbel I gather, so I'll be joining AndrewPI's roach quest ;) ).

Hopefully a luchtime session on the river next Mon or Tue if the weather is decent, then it's the K+A canal for me till June.

Glenn, make sure you get some liquidised bread along with you and half a loaf for the hook. If you don't fancy that then you can always stick a roach on the end of your pike gear and try and get one out.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glenn, make sure you get some liquidised bread along with you and half a loaf for the hook. If you don't fancy that then you can always stick a roach on the end of your pike gear and try and get one out.

Will do :)

p.s. it is "The Barn" bit we're doing eh? And shall I get Tench's day ticket?

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Will do :)

p.s. it is "The Barn" bit we're doing eh? And shall I get Tench's day ticket?

Yea I reckon so. Its a nicer looking stretch and seems to be a bit more active fish wise. If you could get his ticket that would be great.

Guest Ferret1959

Well as no one seems to report fishing crimes any more I think I'll nip down the river in a couple of weeks for a bit of spawn bound perch bashing or maybe disturb a few breeding birds on the river bank while setting up 1/2 doz fixed lead carp rods. ;) ;) ;):D

Only joking just incase anyone wants to ruin the thread. :)

I'll be bird egg collecting instead. :D :D

I'll be out one evening this week if we get the expected rain after Barbel on the Gt. Ouse. Then at least one session at the weekend on the Ouzel for a spot of small stream chubbing. After that it's a quiet couple of months until my favourite pit warms up enough in May for the tench and rudd to feed.

Will

Guest rabbit
Well as no one seems to report fishing crimes any more I think I'll nip down the river in a couple of weeks for a bit of spawn bound perch bashing or maybe disturb a few breeding birds on the river bank while setting up 1/2 doz fixed lead carp rods. ;) ;) ;):D

Only joking just incase anyone wants to ruin the thread. :)

I'll be bird egg collecting instead. :D :D

I shall have to report you to the RSPB then :)

Last chance for a whack at the river chub. Or the Pike!

Probably look for a spot on the Stour, near two bridges, in case the driving rain is a problem. Still it will be nice to fish a section of river that has water flowing. Many spots on the Gipping are at a low point.

then its that dull spell on the lakes ;)

"Muddlin' along"