One weekend left

Anderoo

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think the waters round here will have defrosted by the weekend.

We are due a load of rain during most days with temps in the minuses at night.

I may have to go and fish a free area of the Gipping!!!!!!!!!!!

I rang the club sec last night to put my name down for the spring charity matches.

He and three others were fishing the club waters all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the end of yesterday all of the ice had gone!!!!!!!!!!!!

They even landed a few Tench!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unbelivable considering last weeks heavy frost each night and day time temps of 1 or 2 deg!!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

The ice has all gone, but what a total turd of a day! All grey and wet, ohhhhhh, I'm not the man I once was, I can't find the enthusuasm to turn out on a morning like this any longer, fishing should be fun!. A full day off so I might make an effort later

The ice has all gone, but what a total turd of a day! All grey and wet, ohhhhhh, I'm not the man I once was, I can't find the enthusuasm to turn out on a morning like this any longer, fishing should be fun!. A full day off so I might make an effort later

Life is too short to worry about the weather, I know its a bitch sometimes, but best just to grin and bear it.

Life is too short to worry about the weather, I know its a bitch sometimes, but best just to grin and bear it.

Grey, wet and above all MILD here in Milton Keynes - I'll be off to try and get me a Boris or two later on today. Might be the best chance before the end of the season if it gets colder again at the weekend.

Will

Chubbing on the Teme tomorrow. Probably go carping on the Mere Friday or Saturday night then a last gasp trip onto the Severn for (hopefully) a big barbel on Monday afternoon/evening. Can`t do the last day, playing league poker in the evening (grrrrrrrr)

wolf.gif

I motivated my fat rrrrrrrr later in the day. Despite the constant drizzle it was well worth the effort!! Might go again tommorow now.

As did I. Lost the only Barbel hooked - suspect the hook point had become masked by debris, only had it on for seconds before everything went slack. Even got my pellets back.

Still a stunning evening to be out, 3 chub total weight 15lb 2oz - a 4lb 15oz, 5lb 1oz and a 5lb 2oz fish. One of my best trios of chub in a while.

Also saw several hares, a kingfisher, a buzzard and the best view I've ever had of a barn owl.

Lovely mild weather and some great fish and wildlife, what more could a chap want?

Will

I am going out with Carl Douglas on Saturday to do some small stream fishing on the Hammer Stream a tributary of the R. Beult, near Headcorn Kent. We will be hoping for Chub but anything is a bonus.

Sunday Sue and I are going to do some Piking. Probably on the Medway but the River Rother at Newenden is also a possibility.

Medway Green se4nd me a PM if you fancy joining us on any of the above.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

At the moment it is a toss up for Sunday between the Wissey at Hilgay, the Great Ouse at Ten Mile Bank or, if the rain has made it too difficult the Cut Off Channel or even Well Creek. There is such a wealth of excellent fishing around Downham Market that the choice is difficult and it is all day ticket on the bank run by Kings Lynn AC apart from Well Creek which is free fishing along it's length.