Signal Crayfish

Black Rabbit

I remember reading several years ago about a boilie that had a rubbery texture so that crays could not damage it even though they tried. Sorry but the details have escaped me.

As far as a flavour, I suspect that crays would enjoy any that the fish would eat.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

There is a very effective big fish bait that Crays will ignore but fish love only if fished live though ,not allowed due to bonkers rule though .

Boilies best bet double wrap in armamesh doesn`t cure the cray problem bur does buy time in the water

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Rock hard air dried boilies last a while as do tiger nuts. Crays can be a massive pain though, even with these types of baits.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

You will be lucky to find a bait that crays will not eat.......I haven't yet.

I suspect that as boilie flavours are designed to attract fish you will, if you have crays in the swim, be attracting them also. I think you used to be able to get a small plastic cage to go around the exterior of the boilie which, as others above have said, buy you a little more time.

The best crayfish proof bait I have found is plain old simple breadflake.

Best of luck, they can be a nuisance in the warmer months.

' The "Dandy of the Stream", a veritable Beau Brummell, that is the Perch and well he knows it!' --The Observers's Book of Freshwater Fishes of the British Isles

Visit My Galleries

All,

While not "proof" it is effective. For both crawdads and turtles I use road kill off to one side. A distractant rather than an attractant.

If you're above road kill or don't want to mess with it chicken guts (especially livers, gizzards) will work.

Phone