stormcaps

kendo

i have heard that stormcaps which fix to your brolly somehow and then to a bankstick stablises the brolly in the wind has anybody used these? and just how long does the banksticks have to be? cheers

I have wrestled with reality for 46 years,still wrestling.

I've got them on my brolly, both of them actually, but they're not normal brollies, they were designed to be used with storm caps.

They will definitely stabilise your brolly, I don't ever use a guy rope with mine it's just pegged down at the back (like a Brotel) and the storm rods hold the front up. A normal brolly may still require a guy rope as it won't have the pegging points that mine does.

From memory I use a 30inch (extending to 60") bankstick, the storm caps fit to the two ribs at the front of the brolly, not the two highest ones but the next pair down.

i have heard that stormcaps which fix to your brolly somehow and then to a bankstick stablises the brolly in the wind has anybody used these? and just how long does the banksticks have to be? cheers

My jrc stealth and stealth plus brolly systems both came with storm caps fitted as there is no centre pole.

The ribs are heavy duty and designed to take the full weight of the brolly.

For match or general angling I use a big wavelock brolley that is quite heavy.

I found the centre pole was crap in any type of wind and guy ropes did not stop the brolley spinning.

I set the brolley as a wind break and fitted storm caps on the second set of ribs up from the ground.

Then put another set on the third two ribs from the front.

I always used brolley with centre pole as the pole takes all of the weight, the ribs are not designed to take much weight compared to my stealth brolleys.

Basically I just use storm sticks or bank sticks to stop the brolly spinning round instead of guy ropes.

When the brolley is tilted right down in normal mode or used as a windbreak I use a set of small extendable banksticks or just one of them which is sufficent to hold brolley down.

If the brolley is slightly tilted normal sized bank sticks work fine.

For the two front caps I use a pair of nash storm sticks which are extendable but have a standard size of 48 inches. These just add an extra bit of stability but you do need the extra length offered.

I have never had to use all four storm cap points at once as all I use them for is to stop the brolley spinning.

Having four points means I can set the brolley up on the left or right, behind me or however I want knowing I have the flexabilty to pin the brolley down with out akward guy ropes to contend with.

And one last note - get quality brass caps.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!