IM NEW TO FISHING AND NEED HELP PLEASE

MESMORISE

Guest Ferret1959
hi again i have got rod n reel and am in middle of getting some tackle, im going to get my liecence thursday anyone know the cost for a adult licence?. thankyou scott

Don't get a new licence yet other wise you will pay full amount for just a few weeks.(get a daily or weekly one)

I may be corrected but I think the new yearly one starts in April.

I have just paid 12 for my 1/2 price licence but I pay direct debit. ;)

Just checked on

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/subje...399730/?lang=_e

and shows the prices and dates.

Take note the expiry dates.

Edited by Ferret1959

hi thanks for that very helpfull, will get a 8 day licence.

much apprichated :)

Don't forget that a lot of still waters, lakes canals and the like are open all year, only rivers have the enforced closed season. Find out from your local angling club what waters are open all year in your area.

Good shouts both Dave and Steve! As usual I got to caught up with the technical stuff! Just take it for granted that newcommers will know about licences and seasons.

They are spot on mate make sure youve got all that side sorted otherwise it can spoil your first ventures in to fishing!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

HI there im new to fishing and need some help, im going to start with float fishing and have looked on the net and found a few rigs could anyone tell me what will be the best to use any links would be helpfull,thankyou

also i wondered what size hooks are best to use for coarse fishing?,

any help would be much aprichated thanks

scott :)

Hi there Scott

It would be nice to know where you are based as there could be a friendly AN member in your vicinity who might wish to help etc.

Alan