PC's - enough is enough

kleinboet

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The solution chesters is to drop religion altogether from the curriculum and introduce social studies instead. It doesn't matter why a muslim is a muslim, why a hindu is a hindu or why a christian is a christian. A very basic knowledge of culture isn't a bad thing (and is useful in life for work etc), but to learn religion for 11 years throughout school (as we were forced to) is taking the p1ss.

Schools don't teach how to apply for a mortgage, how to attend a job interview, how to change a 3 pin plug (using suitable tools like kitchen knives!) or how to cook properly (not bloody fairy cakes, pizza, and chocolate mousse - which is about all we ever did).

Instead, they made us learn (the nice non pagan version) of christianity, something about Guru Nanak(sp) and cutting heads off, a chinese creation story about ying and yang - basically (and no offence meant) stuff which is absolutely f'all use to me in my life at the moment!

hate is a strong word not to be used lightly but i can well and trully say i HATE religion.. it has more to be responsible for than many realise.. apart from war it breeds seperatism which leads to or creates racism. the big problem with the UK at the mo.. far to many concessions if u ask me..

to me religions are merely socially accepted cults which should all be bannished to the dark ages of history. the primative mind needs reasurance that someone will be there in times of desperation.. it's all in the head and fables & fairy stories passed from generation to generation.

i come from a mixed background, mum a christian background, dad a hindu background.. i went to sunday school as a child and went to a convent school when older. I was taught by nuns before i went to secondry school but purely because the school had a good rep for education and many mixed backgrounds, i opted out of religious services but boy did it open my eyes to how the mind can be moulded into a narrower shape.. i really really thank my parents for not instilling religion in me.. thankfully for me and my sister the generation chain was broken.. i feel sorry for some of my cousins here in mauritius, they know no different and will sadly pass this crap onto their children (wether it's christian or hindu - to me all the same) like a cursed baton continuing on with the 'chain of narrow-mindedness'..

it's wasted energy that could be focused on something productive. life is short, why waste your time and energy on it.. bonkers... as man evoles it will thankfully irradicate these cave man fables and new doors will open re; PC, war and racism. ok jesus may have existed & probably did.. but to me he was just like a 'david blane' of his day and managed to work magic on people.. will there one day be a religion based on david blane's miraculous levitation trickery... i think not, the mind has evolved so that the masses know what's real and what's not... religion WAS a way of controlling the masses as back then people couldn't tell the diff... sadly it's still controlling people :(

i'm not saying it's THE main reason PC and racism exists, just saying if u look back further and much much deeper u will see religion plays a huge roll...

dang, think u might be able to tell religion is a pet hate of mine lol.. ahh well had me rant..

sorry if i've offended some people i dont mean to, i just see the same as 'UK-Fishing-Tackle.co.uk'... a sad sad link between religion & political correctness :wallbash:

Edited by Blue Marlin

Best info I could locate. White, Indian (of several varieties), Black (in the US anyway). This information was used for our 2000 census and represents a major change from the classification information used in the prevsious (1990) census.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_%28people%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_American

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_subcontinent

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_pe...of_the_Americas

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_Native

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Please don't get me started - PC's have caused chaos. Mr Brown has just announced he is going to PAY kids to keep them good!!

They need dicipline! (not hidings or beatings) BUT the PC's have FORCED a law to be made, forbidding PARENTS or POLICE from touching their little darlings, under the excuse that it will stop people abusing kids. My answer to this is look at what is happening today. People who beat and generally abuse kids couldn't care less about whether it's legal or not!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

My little girl always comes home from creche singing Baa, Baa, Black Sheep.

My wife is a 'Preschool Supervisor/Teacher. They have so far not been influenced by the PC brigade and teach tradional nursery rhymes in the traditional form. Baa Baa Black sheep is actually being specifically picked out because the colour of its wool is valued rather than any derogatory reason. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Steam rules

It is time we forgot all this 'race' twaddle altogether. It is all totally arbitrary and non-scientific. There is only ONE race of human beings on this earth Homo sapiens sapiens.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

It is time we forgot all this 'race' twaddle altogether. It is all totally arbitrary and non-scientific. There is only ONE race of human beings on this earth Homo sapiens sapiens.

Totally agree.

I've often stated to friends and family how nice it is that my little 2-year old doesn't recognise colour differences in her friends whatsoever. Or cultural differences, come to that. They're all friends and the slate is clean.

Those 'differences' will be hammered into her as she gets older, often by the ill-informed PC brigade, who claim to be doing it for the good of race relations, etc.

Differences that were never there before will prejudice her view on people, just by looks and a load of dodgy 'facts'. There's nothing she can do about it, as she'll have been conditioned in the same way that we all are.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

In my mind PC stands for "Pathetic Country" and it's getting worse by the minute. first oportuinty I get I'm outa here, probably France, they do not allow anyone to invade their country and take over. We Brits are sad gits who just put up with EVERYTHING that's thrown at us and never stand up an get counted. Enough responses on this thread to show there's bad feeling out there but what do we do about it I ask? NOTHING, that's what, absolutely "Jack-Sh!t" :wallbash:

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

In my mind PC stands for "Pathetic Country" and it's getting worse by the minute. first oportuinty I get I'm outa here, probably France, they do not allow anyone to invade their country and take over. We Brits are sad gits who just put up with EVERYTHING that's thrown at us and never stand up an get counted. Enough responses on this thread to show there's bad feeling out there but what do we do about it I ask? NOTHING, that's what, absolutely "Jack-Sh!t" :wallbash:

Absolutely. Quand je puis trouver un travail en France je serai allé.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote