INTRODUCTION HELLO

bigyun2000

Hi all.
I am Tony from Rotherham interested in Course Fishing in general. I started fishing at the back end of last year when a neighbour wanted a companion for a days fishing at Strawberry Fields in Lincolnshire. Pardon the pun but I was hooked. I had been fishing when i was about 12 yrs old but didn't like to touch fish or maggots/worms so I never bothered with it.
Now at the ripe old age of 52 i really enjoy it and with the help of my neighbour managed to get over the fear of fish and maggots. A few days ago i combated another phobia which was handling worms. I managed that one without too much difficulty. :clap3:
I live in Rotherham but really enjoy going to Bank End Fisheries http://www.mccallumsfisheries.co.uk/ in Doncaster (Hi Dave). I am reluctant to try new places but would really like to try Lindholme Lakes. Funny really as I was in Royal Air Force for 13 years and spent 6 of them at RAF Finningley. (Those where the days). I am disabled now since i served in the Gulf War 1990/91 so need to get the car next to my Peg.
Just after christmas (2013) I went crazy buying everything in site as I had sold all my Radio equipment (I am a Radio Ham) and in the coming months bought more and more. Then I decided to take stock and found that I had more than I thought so I decided to sell most of it and upgrade to better equipment and get more in to CARP fishing. (I like the battle) :bounce:Hence now selling it all in the
For Sale/Auction & Wanted area under "FISHING EQUIPMENT TO SELL OR SWAP".

The equipment I now have and are very happy with is as follows:-

PRESTON INNOVATIONS CARBON ACTIVE MINI SERIES 12 FLOAT ROD.
PRESTON INNOVATIONS CARBONACTIVE MINI SERIES 11' 6" POWER CARP ROD.
PRESTON INNOVATIONS PXR PRO 3000 REEL.
PRESTON INNOVATIONS PXR PRO 4000 REEL.
Maver Powerlite 9m Pole
Well guys n girls that's it from me. I hope I have not gone on too much and now you will know who I am. I look forward to perhaps meeting up with some of you usually at Bank End Fisheries and swap some stories and experiences as I have done already. For me this is a great way to meet people and gain experience. It's what I think fishing is all about.
Bye for now

Many Thanks For Use Of The Site

Kind Regards
Tony In Rotherham (S. Yorkshire)

Hi Tony and welcome to Anglers' Net.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President