?????????eon fishing reel ????????

elliot

i have recently bought a Abu EON 5600sw off of ebay and am unsure whether or not the reel is working properly as when I reel in the levelwind lays the line on evenly across the spool BUT: when I cast out however the levelwind does not move form side to side inline with the line as it spools out off of the reel should this happen or not?

The ABU EON series has a fully floating levelwind when in the free spool position, as opposed to say Abu 5500 & Abu 7000 series, these reels and you have probably come across them have the levelwind still engaged mechanically when in the free spool position, as you cast, the line is drawn off the spool, and the levelwind is then driven by the spool energy, not so with the EON, as mentioned its fully floating and the line having been lay’ed in a, across the spool pattern, in turn moves the levelwind across the width of the spool ..... When you press the spool release mechanism, the levelwind should glide across the levelwind tube with ease, and it should have no resistance.... hope I’ve helped more than confused matters ..... lol