dad at 14

deanbmw

May not actually be a statutory grape of any sort.

No idea about specifics of the UK rules but many places have a two part test

1. the absolute age of the parties

2. the age difference between them

Their only being two years apart in age might well remove any legal issues about them doing the deed and simply (SIMPLY??) have the issues of parenthood to deal with.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their only being two years apart in age might well remove any legal issues about them doing the deed and simply (SIMPLY??) have the issues of parenthood to deal with.

Bet it would be different if the boy was two years older than the girl!

a fish,a fish, my kingdom for a fish

Newt - Sorry but the law is clear -sex with under 16s regardles of gender (the PC mob have missed this one!) is illegal! However, as with the use of mobile phones while driving, the police have other priorities.

The parents of the boy can make a document that the girl (and her parents) must sign, saying that the father will not be responsible for the child's upkeep.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

If he's 14 and she's 16, I believe that constitutes statutory rape by the girl.

I'd be expecting a visit from the boys in blue at some point.

I may be wrong, but I think that an under-16 cannot legally consent to sex.

Yes, my sentiments exactly.

However the police simply don't care if the under age victim is a lad! Recently there was an item in the press about some proposed new law or practise to protect girls from under age sex. I can't remember for the life of me what it was, and obviously it may have been poorly reported, but why only girls?

some good helpfull posts thanx.........me sisister in law and hubby has got to get the job of telling her dad out the way tonight....glad were going up the club lol....once they got that job out the way would it worth them going to the boys in blue and reporting this, if it was me i think id be trying to put a bit of vineger in the girls milk. it seems that the school and her parents have been pampering her and telling her thats its all going to workout fine.

like ive tryed to explain to her that it is underage sex, that they want proof that hes the father.

any more advice would be much appreciated

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

Hi Newt,

Is a statutory Grape carried out By a bunch of people ? :headhurt:

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

not the end of the world If the girls got an understanding and supportive mother things should work out.

Lots of kids are brought thinking their gran is their mum, when really it is their 'older sister'!

As long as it knows who it's dad is.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Guest cobra

Dean - there is a legal age of consent for girls as 16 but apart from homosexual acts there is no age of consent for boys in the UK at the moment. Therefore as the girl is of the age of consent your Nephew has nothing to fear from the Police! Sincere apologies - I read the ages the wrong way around earlier

Unfortuntely for your Nephew the girl has priority at the moment and should she wish to seek an abortion then she has to convince two separate Doctors that it is in her best interests. Your Nephew needs to seek legal advice from a member of the Family Panel - look in Yellow Pages for one or I can recommend on in Wood Green (PM me for details) If she takes the abortion route then your Nephew will need a Court Order to prevent it taking place!

Best I can offer is to get the two sets of Grandparents to be together and trash things out - will get heated so keep the kids out of the way! At the end of the day thats all they are kids - and they are going to have to grow up very fast to deal with this.

Support your Nephew - he will need someone to turn to and let his feelings out on. He's got feelings too and is probably feeling a bit left out at the moment as "she" will be getting all the attention; but he is the father and has rights and whatever is decided any child needs to know both parent!

Good luck - pm me if you want a chat!

Luv Karen XXXX

Just a thought but if the girl is 16 now, was she 9 months ago? if you get my drift! ie they both might have been under the age of consent at conception.

Is there any doubt that he is the father?

I cannot imagine how hard this must be for the families, my only suggestion is to try and accept what has happened and try to make sure for the kids that everyone keeps talking, they are going to have deal with this for the rest of their and their childs life. Fighting now will only make it worse and cause endless recriminations later.

I am sure there are Agencies that can offer advice?

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com