Letter From Anne Moyle

Elton

My wife is also working behond the scenes on starting a similar project in North Worcestershire and frankly I get a bit sick and tired of people being directed to one particular project which is frankly miles away from me.

Her efforts should be applauded. I truly hope that it's a big success and I'm sure any fundraising or awareness raising events will be well supported.

I must point out that the organisation that often gets our attention on this forum, although based in Berkshire, caters for kids from as far away as Liverpool and also your part of the world in the West Midlands. But I agree that locally based organisations have the opportunity to be far more effective in their local catchment area.

Here's a list of organisations that Les Webber has worked with

METROPOLITAN POLICE YOUTH & COMMUNITY SECTIONS

(ALL LONDON DIVISIONS)

NEW ADDINGTON HIGH SCHOOL (CROYDON)

PONTARDULLAIS COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOL (WEST GLAMORGAN) .

RAINDOW TRUST (TERMINALLY ILL CHILDREN)

EVELYNS COMMUNITY SCHOOL (WEST DRAYTON MIDDLESEX).

BERKSHIRE SOCIAL SERVICES (THAMES VALLEY POLICE)

LONDON BOROUGH OF HACKNEY (LONDON)

BRADFORD SOCIAL SERVICES (BRADFORD)

S. E. P. Y. S YOUTH CLUB (BARNSLEY)

BOURNEVILLE VILLAGE TRUST (BIRMINGHAM)

CORRINGHAM YOUTH CLUB (ESSEX)

SURREY COUNTY COUNCIL (ASHFORD,MIDDLESEX) (WALLINGHAN)

KENT COUNTY COUNCIL (DRUG A WARNESS) (KENT)

MIDDLESEX YOUNG PEOPLES CLUB (MIDDLESEX)

BERKSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF ANGLERS

RUNNYMEDE BOROUGH COUNCIL (SURREY)

GROUNDWORK ENVIRONMENT CENTRE (WEST MIDLANDS)

TIPTON YOUTH CLUB (WEST MIDLANDS)

RUNCORN YOUTH & COMMUNITY CENTRE (CHESHIRE)

SOUTH WIRRAL HIGH SCHOOL (LIVERPOOL)

FIRST HILLINGDON SCOUT GROUP (MIDDLESEX)

CUCKOO ESTATE YOUTH CLUB (LONDON W7)

Edited by argyll

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I just say that anglers have been asking the EA either for vouchers or "tear-off" strips on our licences in order for us to "Take a friend fishing". I have taken a few of the kids and teenagers off our estates fishing with me, but, as a Disabled pensioner on state benefits, the cost of day tickets is too expensive.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

At no point have I said that I want to keep angling to myself.

I make no secret of the fact that I distrust the agenda, hidden or otherwise of the CA. At the end of the day it is the well being of angling that is my overwhelming concern, as I am sure is the case for all of us.

Dear Peter, (Waller)

I have this reoccurring vision of you Peter opening up closets or cupboard doors in the dimly lit half light jumping back shrieking loudly because you see a Countryside Alliance activist sitting inside!

When are you going to move on from your seemingly fanatical anti-CA one man and his boat campaign? The CA has only ever claimed to represent their own membership’s interests and whether you like it or not Peter that DOES include its "angling" membership. Admittedly their numbers is not akin to the FACT numbers but none the less they do represent tens of thousands of anglers and have a democratic right to express their opinions on behalf of its own membership on all issues connected to angling. The way you persistently go on about the CA one could easily assume you seek to deny these CA angling members their right to be represented?

In this instance, I personally applaud the tremendous efforts being made by “ALL” concerned which seem a world away from the total control or overall auspices of the CA or anyone else for that matter!!?? People involved in this effort are "doers" Peter "not" talkers and I'd bet a gold clock they would be down right insulted by the CA insinuations.

The angling church contains many parishioners, not all of them sitting in the FACT pews. But each and everyone one of them does good work for angling mostly outside a political arena in a “practical” way. This is a good thing and whilst angling may not yet be united in the political sense, it’s all pulling together so more people get to experience the fantastic thrill derived from actually going fishing. If these collective efforts contain those coming from the CA membership then that’s one more organisation adding its hands to the rope that everyone else is pulling for our sport.

Supporting the well being of angling Peter involves either supporting or congratulating the efforts being made by those as is the case on this particular thread. NOT going into a familiar hissy fit dragging the CA towards the stocks and a basket of rotten fruit when paranoia overrides common sense. Again!

Dear All,

What else can we come up with? Free fishing for all juniors for one full school summer holiday might be a start if we are truly serious about “investing” not only in our kids, but the future of our sport.

Regards,

Lee.

Im glad Gerry posted some of the different areas of the country that Angling Projects and JCAUK cover as there is often a misconception that it is a local thing.

I totally agree that the more the merrier is good at local level but think its daft trying to set up "National" schemes when Les's allready does the job.AND Im sure would do the job even better with a bit of support rather than starting up new schemes.

As anglers we always seem to want to form more and more break away type groups.............and this is why "unity" will never happen and we will remain weak.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I must admit that i am not fully up to speed on this area,but i have certain views having read the posts todate.these views are new to me as i have not considered this before,they are therefore not influenced by any other agenda.

Ideas and schemes that introduce new anglers into our sport/pastime i feel must be a good thing.

I do have concerns that the Players in the support a Kid/unfortunate/unconsidered game seem to picking Angling as a vehicle.Without good reason.ie do they say its therapeutic no,do they say it will help their long term future no, do they make any commitment or support of Angling,i dont think so,only appear to be using Angling.

What has happened to the tried and tested way of introduction,via your parents,friends and local club,i do not believe this machine has ground to a halt.

Now weather or not these people have a hidden agenda i do not know,people generally help within their area of expertise say like Les has been doing for sometime now,others like this merchant banker just make me feel a little uneasy.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

There are other initiatives going on nationally to try to solve the problems of the "hoodies" etc. There is a national awareness among at least some responsible sections of the community that kids need some form of outlet to channel their energies.

Football, cricket, tennis,athletics,judo,gymnastics...the list is huge....so why the problem with an attempt to include fishing?

I admit to not having supported Les in any way, and all power to him, but is he capable of running and coordinating a National scheme?

As I said, I do not know the man, perhaps he should be the man for the job, perhaps he has been approached?

One thing that Les has shown very clearly, is that such a scheme can be started and expanded, so maybe now is the right time to start a "big push" to go national?. This may mean that someone will end up getting sidelined, it may mean that someone else will end up with the knighthood, but if the end result is that more kids end up as better, happier more rounded individuals, then that can only be a good thing for them and society.

One thing that is pretty certain though :) Peter won't be asked, he will see "hidden agendas" every step of the way.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

there are some good positive posts on here supporting the concept, however , I am interested in Peter Waller's concerns, Peter please could you outline what you believe to be the "Hidden Agenda" so I may reach an informed view.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

When i was growing up in Nottinghill Gate in the 50's and 60's,there were still the problems that are experienced today maybe worse and there was of course still Angling.

The only difference perhaps is that if you transgressed you went to Borstal or prison thats what kept you on the straight and narrow.NOT F"*K*^G FREE FISHING.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.