spade end knots advise

MESMORISE

hi i found this page

http://www.northamptonneneanglingclub.co.uk/Knots.htm

with the knot i need how do i dress the knot?

As in my post on your other thread - the Spade End Knot. The tail can be cut very short after tightening - I cut a bit above the hook bend to leave 2-3 mm of tail, if you use superglue to fix the knot then the tail can be 1 mm.

Will

okay thats great, but do i need to put super glue on it can i not just leave it?

scott

No need for the glue - just a tip for times you want the slimmest knot possible - like when fishing joker on a 28 :blink:

Will

Agree with Glen. Also, I've always done spade end knots by making the wraps from the spade end down to the loop, so the tag doesn't go over all the turns - more like a nail knot. Always worked well for me.

Tim

hiya a half blood know wont work. if the link works scroll down the page to see the correct knot (plus other useful knots)

http://www.northamptonneneanglingclub.co.uk/Knots.htm

atb

Terry

ooops a bit late with reply (read the wrong thread anyway)

Edited by terry t shirt

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.