ANYONE FROM DERBY

MESMORISE

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi does anyone come from derby who could spare a bit of time to help with some angling, as im new and could do with the help?.

thankyou scott :)

Hi scott, i'm from Derby but am reasonably new to Angling myself, i rekon i know the basics though, enough to get your line wet but not enough to fill your keep net. I'm always up for a bit of company so if its non expert advice your after i dont mind going for a session with you.

MESMORISE,hi i couldn't tell from your profile how old you are (i hate having to ask) but are you over 16,as i would be willing the fish with you and help out where i can ,as after tuesday (14th march the begining of the closed season on rivers) i'll be free most sundays, there is also the problem of whare to fish in derby as most still waters ain't that good but i could possibly think of one or two places where we could stand a good chance of catching a few fish unless your able to travel then we could try a few local (short distance) places and maybe have a mini fish-in if we can get a few of us together and a decent venue.

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Can I play too? Although I now live in Norfolk I come from Derby and return every 3-4 weeks. I don't get to fish every time I come back but would be happy to join in a Fish-in were the two coincident. My little brother would also come along as he too needs some extra tuition, I outfished him again last weekend on the Trent at Twyford Ferry admittedly only by a single small chub of around 1lb which was the only one between us. Chavender has a valid point about your age, it is frowned upon these days for old men like me to try to help youngsters but a group should not present problems provided you parents were happy about it. Keep me posted.

looks like we will have to sort out someware and have a little get together

next week i'll look at some venue's and then see what everyone thinks

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

hi that sounds great im 30, i need all the help i can get, i dont drive but can get my partner to drop me off,cant wait.not sure if you can send a private message on here i can send you my number. thanks scott :)

you can send private messages, click on the name of the person you want to contact and theres a personal message option. i would also think trnsport souldn't be a probem, if i can find you theres room in my car.

• 3 weeks later...

Ayup Scott, I'm Tony "Gingers Little Brother" Sundays are really the only days I have free, but i would be happy to oblige with some advice where possible and a fish in if convenient.

Ayup Chavender, hows things, might take the opportunity to get you to have a look at that abu 501 for me, as on every turn of the handle it sicks at about the same place, if you don't mind.

Keep me posted on the Fish In if it's a sunday then hopefully it shouldn't be a problem as long asit ain't to far away

Chat soon all.

Tony

"We will sit down and discuss it, then decide that I was right in the first place" Brian Clough the best england manager we NEVER had