FAIRWAY PIKE

VladimirR

Who said anything about banning or sticking head in sand(where are the rest of you anyway) im here aint I.

What would you have me say "very nice video old chap but killing that pike isnt very cricket, what what"

of course he can do what ever the hell he wants in his country but im disgusted its been put on a site were we practice catch and release.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

It's interesting to contrast the response to the pike handling with the response to the cooking and eating of grayling. Would we have had a problem with him eating pike?

(they are delicious, by the way, from a clear water venue)

All,

Andy has made the ridiculous "pike issue" his trademark. He simply keeps making a hypocritical show of righteousness to a sanctimonious cause that he no more believes than the rest of us. He wouldn't fish if he was as adamant as he professes. I believe AN is much more open minded than his views.

In fact, I understand the UK style of angling is different from fishing. The rest of the world are fishermen. He knows his views pertain ONLY to a small island off the coast of Europe.

He's just trying to "show off" IMO.

Phone

Edited by Phone

Phone, go do one.

Because its pike has nothing to do with it. Could you imagine it now, someone putting up a video or picture of a specimen barbel grabbed by the eyes with its throat slit.

hows about a tench, and dare I say it, carp. Hows about chub. where does it end, zander perhaps ?

why is it pike seem to get the crap deal, are they not held in the same regard as other coarse fish.

so go ahead, quote me some half relevant statistic.

post-7003-0-72431400-1408462269_thumb.jpg post-7003-0-78936600-1408462275_thumb.jpg

Great public image, thumbs up. All these years ive had it completely wrong.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Great.......until we are treated to the pike being weighed off the hook of the scales.... I appreciate (probably more than most) that different countries different strokes but don't think we should be showing stuff like this as people who don't know better may try to copy it thinking this is acceptable practice.

It's fairly obvious from the photos right at the end, though, that this is a dead fish taken for the table. I would have a problem with poor handling of a fish which is to be released, but if it's meat, it's meat. A fair point that some idiots might not grasp that, though.