FAIRWAY PIKE

VladimirR

I actually don't disagree (as you probably know), I was more reacting to the aggressive tone of it all, and the undertone of 'whatever I do is right and whatever you do is wrong'.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I assumed as much. While I understand Andy's passion and accept the essence of what he is saying is correct this is a perfect example of how treating such issues can back fire if not done tactfully! But as I said its Andy's passion that's no doubt caused this rather than any other reason. Got to be remembered that he most likely sees stuff like this every day and not just on the Internet but on the waters he actually fishes! Might not justify his "aggression" but certainly explains it. Most on here will see this for what it truly is but I do worry that many newcomers who don't know the "personalities" on here wont!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I quite often fish without landing nets or unhooking mats and yes, I think I can quite easily defend that.

PS maybe 'Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk' has something to do with the new Andy ;)

Ah, busted. lol yes its probably true the pit has made me speak my mind a bit more but it has not made me biased, something im grateful for but its not the entire reason for my attitude. im just so fed up in general and cant be annoyed with prancing around issues :D

the overall tone of my comments shouldn't be taken as hostile although it seems that way, just passionate but cant type like that.

• Like 1

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

I do understand the need to legislate for the lowest common denominator. I'm probably overly sensitive to this type of thing as I'm forever being told that there's only one right way to fish and I'm not doing it right!

• Like 1

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I do understand the need to legislate for the lowest common denominator. I'm probably overly sensitive to this type of thing as I'm forever being told that there's only one right way to fish and I'm not doing it right!

Because my views are often out of sync with modern ones (and Im not shy to put them forward) I get told Im doing it wrong all the time! but as its usually by people whose "experience" is limited to last months edition of the latest Carp mag Im quite frankly not that worried!" I let my peers judge me and strangely enough they don't seem to disagree that often!" and when they do its normaly both interesting, valid and educational so I welcome it!

Us every day on the TV show of people killed in Ukraine. Killed children, women. Out of it, the dead pike and killed a man makes a big difference. You pay taxes on this money and make weapons. Then, from these weapons kill people. How do you do?

Im afraid callous as it may sound I have to agree with Andy here, and as much as I don't think showing the poor treatment of fish on a website that is primarily based on catch and release of the bulk of our freshwater catches is appropriate nor do I think its appropriate to drag in world affairs no matter how bad the situation may be for some. No sorry its a **** poor cop out to try and compare fishing to world affairs. If you don't like negative comments about your video then maybe you shouldn't risk attracting any by simply not posting your film in the first place?

More than happy to disuss the differences in our fishing ethics with you, in fact Ive not actual got a problem with what you do in your own country as your in a far better position to judge than I. More than happy to explain the British ethic and why we treat our fish differently and have a different attitude to killing etc BUT if you want to drag politics in to it or go for the sympathy vote then simply do one!

Edited by Dick Dastardly

Anderoo,

May I add - there is only one species worth chasing and you're not doing it right.

Phone

I know, I know!