Hello, hello

ash410

Yes, hello twice, once from myself and once on behalf of my son. My son (12 today) expressed an interest in fishing a while ago and after talking to an old friend on Facebook who had posted some pictures of some cracking carp, I asked him if he would mind if I brought my son along. Any way we spent about 6 hours at a lovely pool where he managed to catch a couple of small fish.

That evening I started to look on the internet for a local club and came across a club called "Fenton and District" who happened to have an open day the following day! We spent a few hours there and had a great time despite the weather. My son spent about an hour with the club coach who give him (and myself, who I admit know nothing about coarse fishing) and we both learnt quite a bit.

My son is now a member of said club and is looking forward to our next outing, I might even join myself if he takes to it!

Sorry for the long winded intro and brace yourselves for a few questions....... No doubt some will seem stupid to some of you, but I admit that although I used to do a bit of fly fishing years ago I know very little about coarse fishing.

Tight lines, Andy

Hi and welcome to Anglers' Net.

Great to hear that you both have caught the fishing bug. Its often a life-long thing and there may not be any cure. :D

Questions are always welcome and certainly won't seem stupid. Coarse fishing isn't an instinctive thing so none of us are born knowing much about it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President