bait, I'm new

billy420

Just what is your problem?

I don't belive you RABBIT...your full bullshine.

Newt, I thought we'd got shut of this knob head and yet here he is again p!$$!ng us off. I'm not the only one who's noticed this troll is back !

Who am I pi$$ing off? If it's you tell me in a civilised way or argue the point that I made regarding maggots in the summer through discussion and not abuse. I have hoped I had made some positive contributions with info on locations and what I think I know about other things re Angling, that is what a Forum is isn't it?

You say I am, what?... a Rabbit !! What are you going on about chap, I really think you need to get a hold of yourself and count to 10.

IF I am a problem Mods I will go, not for one minute do I wish to upset any member on here, life is too short and fishing is a gentle past-time, too much aggression in the world without all this...and on a fishing forum.

Not my problem Tigger, all yours it seems.

Hi everyone just a quick one. Just wondering why I cannot catch fish with any other bait than maggots. So far I've tried bread,worms, and sweetcorn but I'm not getting a single bite. But the second in use maggots I'm pulling them out like no tomorrow usually roach and big perch. But I'd rather not shall out for mags every time I go fishing. So my question is why are they not going for any other bait?

Better get this one in in case it is my last post, the point I was trying to make is that if the lake you are fishing has a large head of small fish then of course maggots would be a quick an easy food source for such fish, I am sure you realise that. However the point I made regarding changing bait to pellet is perfect for such a scenario, pellet will take a better stamp of fish, that is why an industry has been built on this fact, you have special pellet rods, and other tackle to fish this method. Just how you fish it is up to you, but the favoured way is through a feeder and pellet on the hook, you can fish the pellet with a float of course.

My other point is in the winter maggots will work better as the smaller fish will be less active, and pellet will be less effective. This is standard, so I guess it is nothing new.

Bread is a great bait, but you have to fish it correctly, as is worm, and small cubes of meat, all will find you better and bigger fish.

I agree, and I do it myself, if I take maggot I end up with dozens of small fish, If I don't I catch less fish but bigger...

All the best, I hope this helps in some way.

This post has been reported as was the other.

I don't belive you RABBIT...your full bullshine.

Newt, I thought we'd got shut of this and yet here he is again p!$$!ng us off. I'm not the only one who's noticed this troll is back !

Just checked your status, how can someone be taken seriously that boasts being 100 years old and resides in the Outer Hebrides , and yet you accuse me of being someone else.

Really???

Edited by Alan Roe

Can we keep it on topic chaps! I am aware of some underlying issues that may be best dealt with either via pm or a face to face meeting!

• Like 1

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Can we keep it on topic chaps! I am aware of some underlying issues that may be best dealt with either via pm or a face to face meeting!

I did reply to the OP again Alan, all I was trying to do was comment on a problem the OP had and then it turned a bit sour, looks like it is a case of mistaken identity, however there is no need for that type of abuse on a Forum.

Will be happy not post anymore, shame really all forums need more input, facebook is such a soulless place.

Oh well!!

One more then!!

Last evening I was fishing the same stretch I had some success recently with the barbs, there were two anglers below me fishing for Bream, now I go out of may not catch bream in favour of barbel, however despite trying everything I had, I could not get a touch, however one of the bream anglers shouted to me he had a 11 plus barbel at the 'death' on worm, the only bait , apart from maggot I didn't use... Moral is when you think you have exhausted all the options, think again.

Let me help you first it's nonsense ,the reason I said leave the maggots at home in the summer is that if the OP wants to catch a better stamp of fish in a lake where there are a lot of smaller fish then it makes sense to consider an alternative bait No?

Nonesense !

RABBIT,

The OP never mentioned wanting to catch a better stamp of fish, he has been catching some "BIG PERCH" using maggots. ....he wanted to know why he wasn't catching any fish on other baits as he didn't want to keep shelling out money on maggots.

By the way you are Rabbit (Neil) so don't pretend otherwise, once again you tired to get a snipe in on a recent thread of mine about a new reel...you just can't help yourself can you.

As suggested by Alan, lets meet up :).

RABBIT,

The OP never mentioned wanting to catch a better stamp of fish, he has been catching some "BIG PERCH" using maggots. ....he wanted to know why he wasn't catching any fish on other baits as he didn't want to keep shelling out money on maggots.

By the way you are Rabbit (Neil) so don't pretend otherwise, once again you tired to get a snipe in on a recent thread of mine about a new reel...you just can't help yourself can you.

As suggested by Alan, lets meet up :).

Like I said you seem to have lost the plot, and you now want to meet up, for what? fish together or a fight, don't be so childish.

Edited by OTIB

Enough already.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President