weird!

chesters1

bought a new mains powered usb charger as we thought ours had died (perhaps not on reflection) our existing was just a cheap 1amp type from ebay for a couple of quid so not expected to last long anyway.

its replacement cost a lot more and is designed for tablets and ipads etc so outputs more power infact the family can charge all their stuff at once without the usual fighting who gets it first .

it works fine charging my tablet even when its playing video ,charged both my mrs mp3 players in half the time the old one did so its working fine .

strangely though it refuses to charge any of her KRZ1 phones (she has a collection for no apparent reason) but they charge fine on the moto charger

her moto charger outputs 5v dc at 500mA the new one 5vdc from 1.3 to 2.5 amp (depending on what socket you use) so not a poer issue ,are phone chargers different to usb chargers ?

i know new battery chargers use high frequency charging AC instead of plain old DC but her moto charger definately says DC ,it connects to the pc fine so the phone port isnt using unusual configerations for the usb cable connections but saying that my blackberry connected to the pc gives the message cannot charge from this source even in a powered usb hub

hmm perhaps the - & + are reversed but use the same wires?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

maybe but only on two wires ,if the usb charger used the data wires (inside the phone ) by accident i expect the phone would die so i guess the moto charger uses the usb power wires but differently?

the tablets can use the same cable but charge normaly so its the phone end

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

that certainly makes sense as hills are younger than her phone and my blackberry too ,both pre 2007 probably

Just ordered a dongle from a place called portatapow fo 4 quid ,a email asking if it would work came back as "not tested on a krz1 but should "etc ,gaping hole in market if theres none out there

all those poor people in africa where the old phones end up probably use solar to charge their phones as wall sockets are probably rare if the tap is ten miles away!

Nowadays the phones only get as far a gold recyclers wheres its easier than digging it out of the ground pound for pound

Edited by chesters1