preparing hemp

Jonah13

Brian et al

when i looked the seeds in thermos are splitting fine but the microwaved seeds are closed so have put back in for another 5/10 mins

btw whats the Bi-carb needed for or in what way does it enchance?

never tried sugar I just reley on the natural flavours from hemp. I do prefer to do a slow boil with hemp as I tend to use a wok to cook a lot in one go. If I'm in a hurry or fancy a quick session then I use the microwave for almost instant results but you still get the smell but only for about twenty minutes. If my other half compains about the smell I tell her that a couple of grilled kippers will soon kill the old rope smell

Lots of ideas for you, Another one is to rinse the seed and put in a pan of cold water around 8pm bring to the boil turn off and cover,when you get up strain the water which you can retain to add in to your groundbait and the seeds will be ready for use.

T/L

well the best method imho after a few tries at the microwave and the thermos flask methods was the thermos far more seeds split and it's less hassle no smell less mess and more importantly the fish liked it too :)

Had a nice Roach just an once under 2lb :)

and another host of roach bream and perch all ranging from a few oz's up to a 1lb, it was a good days pleasure (bits 'n pieces fishing as my mate calls it) fishing using only hemp as loose feed, red maggots casters or worm on the hook. very enjoyable day all round :)