Disgusted!

Sharkbyte

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Stavey

Hi wurzel, bass should be taken off the commercials list altogether along with other species like mullet and smoothound, they should be given a sport fish only status with the apropriate bag limit as has been suggested many times before, commercials like yourself should be left with fish like cod sole and whiting etc to earn a living from and if you could not achieve this? (then using some of your own words) you are crap at your job and you should jack it in and find something you are good at ............

I did say fair and legal !

I fish to live and live to fish.

Ok Steve, so would you except the same through out June,July ,August and September when the bass are shoaling in the river at Wrabness ?

No, what bass do in June, July, August and september is just normal bass behaviour. What they do at Wrabness where I fish is no different to what they do on the Kentish Knock where you fish.

I'm talking about when they shoal up just prior to, and during, spawning time.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Yes I know Steve, but shoaling up is what they are doing, and a dead bass is not going to spawn in ten minuets time or in six months time, there is no difference.

quote,

I know most anglers condemn the carnage as you call it, but how many would if given the chance, jack in their boring office job or slopping around on a wet cold building site and be out there earning £200 a day catching bass on a rod and line?

People who do this are not considered sport anglers imho, more like opportunist dole fiddling scumbags that are a burden on society wurzel, a lot in common with some people that call themselves part time fishermen! i am sure you know the type to which i am refering to.

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

A closed season is the way forward, and practical to implement.

At least allow the fish get a bit of nookie in peace, then the rest is down to general fisheries management.

B.A.S.S. member

Hello Grant

A closed season is the way forward, and practical to implement

Ok then is this closed season going to be implimented just for a couple of weeks in each area when the bass are spawning or is it going to be for about six months so as it covers all the UK bass spawning times.

As the mark is difficult to fish you'll only see 1 or 2 unlicensed boats there of a weekend, and they'll be different ones each time (so no unlicensed boats cashing in really)

People who do this are not considered sport anglers imho, more like opportunist dole fiddling scumbags that are a burden on society wurzel, a lot in common with some people that call themselves part time fishermen! i am sure you know the type to which i am refering to.

Don't push your luck Stavey.

Hi wurzel, bass should be taken off the commercials list altogether along with other species like mullet and smoothound, they should be given a sport fish only status with the apropriate bag limit as has been suggested many times before, commercials like yourself should be left with fish like cod sole and whiting etc to earn a living from and if you could not achieve this? (then using some of your own words) you are crap at your job and you should jack it in and find something you are good at ............

Why ?

Knight

The charterboats will not allow you to pay for a charter and put the fish back, they can make lots more by you fishing for the boat.

I am absolutely stunned by that! You have got to admire the cheek of some people by fishing commercially and then submitting their glory shots to the recreational angling press.

With any luck the new blood in the form of Jim O'Donnell will be setting a more respectable example.

Well done on your recent tagging efforts Toerag, as an occasional visiting rod it's greatly appreciated. :)

I think you will find that in the old days many charter boats were like this, I know that Gurnsays Dougle Lane was one such skipper!

Personly I think its ca bigger rip off than a wax job on your knackers!

Think about it, the anglers are slave workers for the skipper, who at times would be earning a fortune.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!