new fishing programme

butiaboy

Extreme Fishing with Robson Green

Monday 01 September

9:00pm - 10:00pm

Five

Documentary profiling the hottest fishing destinations around the globe. Robson Green embarks on a trip of colossal proportions that sees him attempting to land some of the wildest and most elusive sea creatures in the world. His first port of call is Costa Rica, where he will try to realise a lifelong dream of catching the fastest fish in the water.

Edited by butiaboy

my favourite fishing spot

2008_0801craig0051.jpg

chesterfield canal chesterfield

Now before you all start shouting at me, yes I know the more fishing programms that are on tv the better and, to a certain extent I agree, but what's the point of showing programms from Costa Rica? the nearest thing I and the vast majority of anglers will get from Costa Rica is a cup of coffee! Destinations that the mere angler will never visit. Nice jolly for Mr Green and the film crew but he would have been far better off doing some informative programms with top anglers in the UK. Yet another crock of crud from Ch5 :angry:

Just one big fish, PLEASE!!!!!!

Now before you all start shouting at me, yes I know the more fishing programms that are on tv the better and, to a certain extent I agree, but what's the point of showing programms from Costa Rica? the nearest thing I and the vast majority of anglers will get from Costa Rica is a cup of coffee! Destinations that the mere angler will never visit. Nice jolly for Mr Green and the film crew but he would have been far better off doing some informative programms with top anglers in the UK. Yet another crock of crud from Ch5 :angry:

So we can't just watch and dream then?? :(

Good for C5 let's have more of it!! :clap2:

Nearly as pointless as 'The Accidental Angler' for fishing where few will follow. I'll give it a whirl but I can't see me learning much from it.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Extreme Fishing with Robson Green

Monday 01 September

9:00pm - 10:00pm

Five

Documentary profiling the hottest fishing destinations around the globe. Robson Green embarks on a trip of colossal proportions that sees him attempting to land some of the wildest and most elusive sea creatures in the world. His first port of call is Costa Rica, where he will try to realise a lifelong dream of catching the fastest fish in the water.

Hope it's better than the previous crap on T.V. that Robson Green has been involved in.

Costa Rica is not that out of reach; it is available as a long haul package destination these days and does not cost much more to visit than Cuba or the Gambia both popular with UK anglers. Indeed we were thinking of going there next year or in 2010.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Costa Rica is not that out of reach; it is available as a long haul package destination these days and does not cost much more to visit than Cuba or the Gambia both popular with UK anglers. Indeed we were thinking of going there next year or in 2010.

And considering half the angling programmes I seem to see appear to be shot on private estate lakes and exclusive syndi stretches of beautiful chalkstreams etc, it would probably be easier and cheaper to go to Costa Rica most of the time!

Clearly, what the British angling public want is TV fishing programs featuring some bloke sitting in the rain on the bank of a park pool with goose sh1t covering his tackle and catching half a dozen stunted perch in the 5 hours of filming that gets condenced into a half hour programe.

We could see the fishing interspersed with "nature shots" showing the local rats knicking his bait or a little social comentary as he gets mugged and all of his tackle is stolen.

Give me a bit of aspirational fishing any day. It was international programes made by the likes of Wilson and Hunt that got me off my backside and looking to fish seriously abroad and I'm very greatfull that they did. Yes, big game fishing is out of the pocket of most viewers but so what, so is the lifestyle portrayed by the majority of TV programmining. It is afterall first and foremost entertainment.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Ken

I could not agree with you more what would be the alternative, another programme about Carp.

A big game trip would probabaly cost less than a couple of weeks Carping in France, but a lot of anglers seemed to be put off or scared of fishing for something outside their normal experience.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Really excited about the final episode where according to channel 5:

"Worried about the damage his round the world fishing juant might cause his Louis Vitton Monogram canvas manbag and luggage set, Robson Green returns to England for a spot of pike fishing on the Thames at Clifton Hampden. Here he is joined by long term friend and chart bothering cohort Jerome Flyn. After a few Jacks and the odd rogue gudgoen they are joined at the river bank by the Rhos Orpheus Male Choir for a moving rendition of double A side smash Unchained Melody/White Cliffs of Dover".

;)