new fishing programme

butiaboy

"Extreme" :rolleyes:

I'm all for angling on terrestrial TV (what a strange idea!) but not at the expense of quality angling programmes made by proper anglers *cough* Catching The Impossible *cough*. I'm not interested in a glorified holiday programmes featuring a 'celebrity'. Plus Matt Hayes filmed in Costa Rica over 10 years ago for his Total Fishing programmes. But because he's not a "celebrity" why would TV executives be interested?

Channel 5 snubs Catching The Impossible

Why Robson Green for goodness sake? Why not Jeremy Wade, for example? His "Jungle Hooks" was suberb and I say that as someone who normally has little interest in foreign fishing programmes. Oh of course, he's not a 'celebrity'. Silly me.

Yes, I appreciate that I'm cutting off my nose to spite my face.

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.

I saw the Channel 5 trailer and thought it looked quite interesting. If you want more angling on TV, it has to appeal to more people than just a bunch of hardcore anglers, in a similar way to how Go Fishing used to.

IMO, of course. And, as I appear to be in a minority here, I'm staking a claim for some kind of legal protection from the rest of you :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

A new programme about fishing is nice but what us anglers want is a series like go fishing hosted by John Wilson or total fishing with matt hayes and mick brown on terrestrial tv or one of the freeview channels .

my favourite fishing spot

2008_0801craig0051.jpg

chesterfield canal chesterfield

A new programme about fishing is nice but what us anglers want is a series like go fishing hosted by John Wilson or total fishing with matt hayes and mick brown on terrestrial tv or one of the freeview channels .

then forget the telly.

www.onlinefishing.tv

starts the 1st October with 80 new programmes a year, made by anglers for anglers.

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk