fishing for my first time tommorow

MESMORISE

Guest Brumagem Phil

bit of bread maybe?

Got any halibut pellets? If so perhaps a bit of paste made from them?

You didnt say what your target species was or what kind of water you are fishing.

Guest Brumagem Phil

Well someone earlier in the week spoke of liquidised sweetcorn with condensed milk..............someone said milk wasnt good for the eco system so perhaps bung some of the corn into a blender to make a nice 'chum' to get the fish coming along to the scent? You could even add some black treackle (or golden syrup) to the mix to give it a bit more sweet scent in the water.

Just thinking aloud here............dunno if it helps at all?

Anything that makes YOUR bit of water attractive to the fish might help.

Good luck.

Will you have any time to spare before you go? A few freshly dug worms wouldn't go amiss :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Mes,on a cannal at this time of year you will need to keep your tackle as light as possible.Use the lightest hook length you have with the smallest hooks.

For bait I would reccomend liquidised bread and bread punch.Keep your hook bait small and dont put to much liquidised bread in to start.

Plumb up the depth carefully and set your float so that your bait is just touching the bottom.The deeper boat track in the middle of the cannal will be a better bet than the shallower near or far shelf.

Good luck.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

A tip for next time

Luncheon meat

Cut it up into maggots, small 1 inch worms etc.

They dont move much ( :P )

but they are always worth a go.

If you are keen on the fruit flavouring then dont forget jelly.

It sticks well when mixed up with boilie paste, cotton wool etc etc. ;)

But I must admit that worms and maggies are my fav. Although lincheon meat and jelly are tasty.

"Muddlin' along"